All-Star Where Is The Rule Posted On Usasf Regarding Release Waiver For Levels 1-4 2011-12?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Item 49 of the NACCC vote was "A USASF member athlete may only cheer for one program per USASF season, unless officially released by their Primary USASF gym."

It was voted in favor by 77.87%

The USASF was planning to release the remainder of the rules after Worlds, since that was taking up all of their time. This rule, like some of the age grids is one that will have to take careful consideration of the wording and how they are going to implement it. The rules will come out. Please be patient.
If the rules about releasing kids come out after they already compete you r really screwing them over. (Much like this past season!)

so is there a date for when the 11-12 cheer rules will be posted?! considering many gyms are having tryouts or have already had them

I think maybe the voting and rules process should be moved up to an earlier date so that the final rules can hopefully be done before gyms begin having tryouts for the following season. It can really make a difference on whether or not you tryout for a gym or not. Same goes for scoresheets.

Any extra help needed...I can work for free :cool:

It can really make a difference on whether or not you tryout for a gym or not.

Again, I'm not defending the delay, but....

Can you expand on this a bit? I'm really curious how the rules release is going to impact anyone's gym decision?

Again, I'm not defending the delay, but....

Can you expand on this a bit? I'm really curious how the rules release is going to impact anyone's gym decision?

I am kind of going off of the rule that was throw out of nowhere this year (releasing the athlete but I won't go too much into it for obvious reasons) but if that rule would have been put out before tryouts some people may have thought twice about giving a gym a second chance or settling on a gym they weren't too sure about. I'm not saying it would make a huge difference but I think it would make some difference. I guess you can use the level 1-4 release that is suppose to be implemented this season as an example. People didn't know about it and tryouts could have already happened and possibly money already paid into a gym that now a parent is seeing as a possible problem because they weren't too sure from the beginning and now this could make it worse if their child doesn't end up liking it there. Had the rule been released before tryouts they may have never put that gym on their list to look into. I don't know it is just a thought with the craziness that happened recently over a random rule. Excuse me if it doesn't make sense but I am not feeling well and the medicine is making me a tad loopy lol.

As long as the rules are correctly written and things go smoothly they should take their time, but possibly they should start voting earlier so that the process of deciding on things can take longer and still be able to get them out before tryouts begin.

I am kind of going off of the rule that was throw out of nowhere this year (releasing the athlete but I won't go too much into it for obvious reasons) but if that rule would have been put out before tryouts some people may have thought twice about giving a gym a second chance or settling on a gym they weren't too sure about. I'm not saying it would make a huge difference but I think it would make some difference. I guess you can use the level 1-4 release that is suppose to be implemented this season as an example. People didn't know about it and tryouts could have already happened and possibly money already paid into a gym that now a parent is seeing as a possible problem because they weren't too sure from the beginning and now this could make it worse if their child doesn't end up liking it there. Had the rule been released before tryouts they may have never put that gym on their list to look into. I don't know it is just a thought with the craziness that happened recently over a random rule. Excuse me if it doesn't make sense but I am not feeling well and the medicine is making me a tad loopy lol.

As long as the rules are correctly written and things go smoothly they should take their time, but possibly they should start voting earlier so that the process of deciding on things can take longer and still be able to get them out before tryouts begin.

They started the rules process last summer. How much earlier would people want them to start? Please give me the date and I'll, pass it on.

If a gym is questionable, this new rule (which was announced clearly in the voting results, just without final wording as of yet) should not make the difference. The difference is that people will have to stick to their decisions. No doubt people will blame the USASF for making bad choices or changing their mind this year.

The USASF has a small staff. You can't have it quick AND accurate. I'll say again to everyone. . . Please be patient.

Back