All-Star Who Was the First....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

===== QUOTE imrichhowboutu ====

CEA didn't start until 92

===== /QUOTE ====

What does '92 have to do with my post...I said she competed it around 2001 or so =)

Wow. I need to start reading thoroughly when I'm working at responding to these. I thought it said 91 when I was skimming through. And I was like wow that's early. Haha. My bad!!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

As a mother of 2. I will be there very loud cheering you on. Thats quite and accomplishment.

Thanks!! I am on the team again- would love the support. I fly on that team and at Worlds during our team stunt, I glanced over and saw my 2 daughters cheering me on!!

Kelly told me az power was the first team to compete tick tocks at worlds. I think 2006. First team in Arizona to have a team where every person (girl in this case) had a running full. 2004-2005. First senior coed team to compete at worlds on a full paid bid from arizona (I think the only, not just the first). I'm pretty sure we're the only senior coed team to make finals too. both in 2009. I think we're the only gym in arizona to have every team that has competed at worlds in the last 3 years make finals. I'm not sure about this one, but they may have also been the first team to compete a toss hands with only girls (like one girl toss hands another girl with no help), can anyone find a team that competed this before fall of 2005?

I feel kind of like i'm bragging. sorry.

Chris Muniz
First Standing Double at College Nationals
Circa 02 or 03 ish
He actually did it twice because their music messed up and they had to go again

I WAS THERE!!!!!!! That was my favorite routine that year.... Being on an all-girl team, we had already competed and I was sitting next to my parents in the audience... I said "Holy shi@$t did that guy just do a standing double?!" My mom slapped me for cursing... she didn't get it lol

Damn, I checked that out... it goes way into the 80's!! What is Gulf Cost Sports Association? Anyone? So who was the very first all-star gym ever??

Also, I remember some college firsts---

U of MD All-Girl in 03 or 04 maybe was the first team to compete squad ball up stretches

I believe U of L All-Girl was the first all girl team to throw pike open baskets in 02 or 03

Kennesaw State in 2008 may be the first team to do a truly coed style, all girl toss hands to heelstretch- one base, one flyer, no spotter.... it was SICK

Kennesaw State in 2003 or 2004 maybe was the first to compete squad low to high tick tocks- from lib to stretch

Kennesaw State also may have been the first to compete true full squad rewinds (2003/4), rewind through to stretch (09?), and I believe this past year they competed the first ever full up tick tock

UMass had the first ever competitive all-girl team in college?

Elmira College in 2004 had the first All-Girl ground up wolfwall

UMD and Orange Coast also competed first time original pyramids a number of times

U of Central Oklahoma 2002/3 may have been the first to compete an arabesque 2-1-1

Louisville or Maryland were the first all-girl teams to put up 2 unassisted 2-1-1s?

Louisville had an all-girl partner stunt in 04 or 05 that competed 4 or 5 stretch to stretch tick tocks in a row that started from the ground to high to low to ground to high... I remember seeing it in person and almost peeing

World Cup Twinkles- first team to wear shorts? 2006 or 2007?

I think it was UofL to have the 1st unassisted 2-1-1's, but not positive, I know they are in every routine for past serveral years.
Also, I think UofL All Girl is the only team to win NCA 5 consecutive years (and at that time they actually had more consecutive wins than large coed :) hehe)

I think I was the first male switch kick double basket in 03-04 season with top gun the " honey just when you thought it was safe to go outside" year. Also, Rupert from georgia large coed was the first male kick double basket the year before. I tried to look for videos but they all seem to be taken down. If anyone has videos from that season itd be amazing : )

i was the first one to compete a standing full in maine high school cheering :)
and my team planet cheer galaxy is the first and only team from maine to get a bid and compete at worlds!

i was the first one to compete a standing full in maine high school cheering :)
and my team planet cheer galaxy is the first and only team from maine to get a bid and compete at worlds!

TWICE COLLIN TWICE FOR WORLDS! and going for 3 thank you :)

Back