All-Star Why At School?!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My sister would never wear cheer shoes to school just because. I know for a fact that she got her first pair of tennis shoes since elementary school last September (shes a Junior in hs now).....shes not a jeans and tennis shoes kind of girl...let alone jeans and cheer shoes.... She does wear her Evolution's to school on game days...only because those are the only cheer shoes she has (her nikes, passions and whatever else she had all died in a fire last fall)....

But if other people want to wear their nfinitys to school or anywhere else, I dont see the harm.

I briefly debated buying her new nfinitys and wearing her old ones to walk around in at Cheersport... but like...I'd rather be in pain in normal shoes or boots

My question to you.... Kristen.... were you always conservative and responsible or is it something you turned into after leaving mamas nest? Is there hope for cps who do not take care of thier exspensive things?? I think I am very dilligent about my things and I am constantly on cp for taking good care (especially shoes like $80 nfinities and Uggs) and does she?? NO. Do I make her go barefoot to school to teach her a lesson??? Granted shes only 11 but it erks me to no end. (mommy rant over)
Ummm..that's a good question! lol I grew up not having a ton of stuff/money (my dad was trying a business venture that fell through), and then when we finally had a bit of extra cash to do things with, my parents divorced, and my mum doesn't make a lot. My dad was always the big spender, my mum's a BIT of a pack rat lol. I dunno, I do think a part of it is living on my own in uncertain times and having a not-super-lucrative job in an expensive city. It kinda forces me to be smart about my choices and a bit creative in my saving. I think a bit also comes from my mum, who isn't the type of person to crave the latest gadget or the newest clothes (I am SO my mother's daughter. No really, I answer the phone and people talk to me thinking I'm her. We even fit into some of the same clothes even though we're kinda different sizes. It's WEIRD haha). I think there's hope. You kinda have to hit a bit of rock bottom in terms of no money. It also helps when you have to pay for everything yourself haha. I've been paying for some stuff on my own since I was 12-13? But really on my own since 16-17..

Does she get birthday money? It got to a point at family parties where they stopped giving gifts and started giving money..my parents told me I had to buy certain things with it. Granted I was constantly saving money then too, now that I think about it lol. But say I was going to the movies a lot. Every other movie, I had to pay with my own cash. Suddenly when I realized my money was disappearing, I stopped buying large popcorn bags I didn't finish and jumbo sodas I didn't drink. It helped me realize that money isn't a constant stream that I can use..it will run out. Definitely a bit of nature and nurture for me..but I think it's something you can work on to improve!

My daughter got her evolution's last month and she has only worn them for practice 2 times and 3 competitions and she has never worn them outside. They rubber on the toe broke in half and the other shoe the stitching on the toe part has come undone and has broken away from the shoe. These shoes were $75 and I figured she would get at least a season out of them. My daughter has a pair of passions that she has had for over 1 1/2 years and they are still good. She never competed in them but wore them for practice, tumbling, school cheer practice and outside. Has anyone else had this problem with the Evolution?
I'm sorry that I can't help with this, but I have the Phoenix's which is a farely new and nice shoe, $80, but the toe on mine is also tearing..

I don't get why people have practice sneakers that are different than their comp. shoes..how do you get comfortable in them? And what if you're a flyer, the bases grip would be diferent?
Maybe I'm just crazy.

My flyer wears Nike shoes at practice and kaepas for competition and it is hard to adjust to the different feel (the nikes are wayyy bigger/wider) but during warm ups we figure it out.

Ummm..that's a good question! lol I grew up not having a ton of stuff/money (my dad was trying a business venture that fell through), and then when we finally had a bit of extra cash to do things with, my parents divorced, and my mum doesn't make a lot. My dad was always the big spender, my mum's a BIT of a pack rat lol. I dunno, I do think a part of it is living on my own in uncertain times and having a not-super-lucrative job in an expensive city. It kinda forces me to be smart about my choices and a bit creative in my saving. I think a bit also comes from my mum, who isn't the type of person to crave the latest gadget or the newest clothes (I am SO my mother's daughter. No really, I answer the phone and people talk to me thinking I'm her. We even fit into some of the same clothes even though we're kinda different sizes. It's WEIRD haha). I think there's hope. You kinda have to hit a bit of rock bottom in terms of no money. It also helps when you have to pay for everything yourself haha. I've been paying for some stuff on my own since I was 12-13? But really on my own since 16-17..

Does she get birthday money? It got to a point at family parties where they stopped giving gifts and started giving money..my parents told me I had to buy certain things with it. Granted I was constantly saving money then too, now that I think about it lol. But say I was going to the movies a lot. Every other movie, I had to pay with my own cash. Suddenly when I realized my money was disappearing, I stopped buying large popcorn bags I didn't finish and jumbo sodas I didn't drink. It helped me realize that money isn't a constant stream that I can use..it will run out. Definitely a bit of nature and nurture for me..but I think it's something you can work on to improve!

Well good for you that you are on the right road to the future! I also as a girl grew up without having much money and started babysitting at 12 to pay for haircuts, movies or anything else that I wanted so I totally understand where you are coming from! My cp isnt very materialistic but I always have bought her nice things from the start (compensating for what I didn't have) and she doesn't understand the value I guess.... She never asks for things and her life only revolves around cheer so going to the movies and such really arent in to play. (yet) She wanted an Ipad for christmas and I felt that she was to careless to take care of one so she asked for money for her birthday and christmas and bought herself one. So far so good but it's only been a month!!
Good for you Kristen hope you have some younger girls that you may coach or spend time with that you can inspire!

Well good for you that you are on the right road to the future! I also as a girl grew up without having much money and started babysitting at 12 to pay for haircuts, movies or anything else that I wanted so I totally understand where you are coming from! My cp isnt very materialistic but I always have bought her nice things from the start (compensating for what I didn't have) and she doesn't understand the value I guess.... She never asks for things and her life only revolves around cheer so going to the movies and such really arent in to play. (yet) She wanted an Ipad for christmas and I felt that she was to careless to take care of one so she asked for money for her birthday and christmas and bought herself one. So far so good but it's only been a month!! Good for you Kristen hope you have some younger girls that you may coach or spend time with that you can inspire!
My cp is the same way. Both her father and I grew up without much money, so we do over-compensate with our daughter....and it doesn't help that she is an only child. One of the things we do is taking things away. If she leaves her iPad on the couch, iPad goes away for a while, if she takes off her clothes/shoes and doesn't put her shoes or clothes back in the closet or the hamper, that outfit goes away for a while too. But these two work the best for us: if she damages/loses anything we've brought her, she has to save her own money to re-buy it. Also volunteer work, taught my cp, that not everyone is as blessed as she is and that she needs to be thankful for everything she has and she needs to respect them. And I am proud to say that I have seen a very positive change in her! :D
Hope you find something that works for your family! :)

My cp has been cheering in Nfinity shoes since they came out. except for a few of the earlier pairs (which tore up almost after touching the blue mat,... ) she outgrew them before they wore out. She has a collection of cases in the top of her closet, because she never uses them anymore. Yes, she wears some of the older pairs in school and for cheer practice, because she says they are VERY comfortable. I think she'd sleep in these new Vengeance shoes if she could. Best shoe so far!

uhh well i mean, i used to wear my Nike high school cheer shoes to gym class when i was in high school :p then again, they are more durable than Infinities.

I don't get why people have practice sneakers that are different than their comp. shoes..how do you get comfortable in them? And what if you're a flyer, the bases grip would be diferent?
Maybe I'm just crazy.
I have two pairs of shoes, Old ones to practice in and the new ones to wear at comps (course I broke the new ones in a bit)
Our flyers do the same thing... the only difference i can think of in grip (for a stunt group) would be if the shoes were different brands for practice and comp.

i used to wear mine for gym but then they got a whole in them so i had to get new ones but now i dont wear them anywhere except in the gym ..

Back