Why Does Allstar Cheer?...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

whoa there...that's kind of taking a stab at allstar cheerleaders.
We don't "look down" on high school cheerleaders. We just know the differences are very drastic between the two.
i didnt mean to word it that way i ment like why does everyone care so much because this is my first year doing cheer and i do both and my team jokes around saying oh guys its because she does high school cheer

i didnt mean to word it that way i ment like why does everyone care so much because this is my first year doing cheer and i do both and my team jokes around saying oh guys its because she does high school cheer
High school cheer is just very different. It's another world. Nothing wrong with it! A lot of people still view high school cheer as the whole RAH RAH RAH thing when that isn't the case much anymore.

High school cheer is just very different. It's another world. Nothing wrong with it! A lot of people still view high school cheer as the whole RAH RAH RAH thing when that isn't the case much anymore.
thanks haha i feeel bad for wording the question so meanly

depending on how high school cheer is oriented in your area, and in my case, that's how it still is here

Aww I'm sorry:( I would hate that. Our area competes in GHSA so it's competitive!
I'm going to take the moment to post the tragic video of my high school. We were perfect up until the pyramid!!

yall are FIERCE! How many of the girls on the team do allstars? Believe it or not, the reason our high school cheer isn't too great here is because we only really have like 2 gyms, and most allstar cheerleaders around here don't do high school.

yall are FIERCE! How many of the girls on the team do allstars? Believe it or not, the reason our high school cheer isn't too great here is because we only really have like 2 gyms, and most allstar cheerleaders around here don't do high school.
Thanks :D One does allstars with me, and then there is only one more who does allstars. Most of the girls either used to cheer allstars, were gymnasts, or did cheer in middle school and Jv! Yeah if y'all don't compete like we do, I wouldn't do high school cheer either! It's sad that in some areas, cheer is still depicted as just sideline cheer. Like my friend in Michigan's school can't even do cartwheels really..

Thanks :D One does allstars with me, and then there is only one more who does allstars. Most of the girls either used to cheer allstars, were gymnasts, or did cheer in middle school and Jv! Yeah if y'all don't compete like we do, I wouldn't do high school cheer either! It's sad that in some areas, cheer is still depicted as just sideline cheer. Like my friend in Michigan's school can't even do cartwheels really..
Oh at my school...lol two girls are comp cheerleaders, both at CEA. One's actually on SE and we're pretty good friends and she's always telling me how those two are the only ones that really have much cheer experience..yet my friend from CEA Lady Elite tried out freshman & sophomore year with jumps to tuck and roundoff BHS Layout and whip passes, and didn't make the team either year...so it's pretty political here; i.e. if the coaches like you, you can most likely make the team.
I will say that in the next county over (Davie County; they only have one high school), their Large Coed (I think that's the divison..) won that HS Worlds in Florida last season, and a majority of that team is guys and girls from my gym. But that and Ledford (Erica E. & Molly G. of SE's school) is as close to good HS cheer as it gets around here!

Oh at my school...lol two girls are comp cheerleaders, both at CEA. One's actually on SE and we're pretty good friends and she's always telling me how those two are the only ones that really have much cheer experience..yet my friend from CEA Lady Elite tried out freshman & sophomore year with jumps to tuck and roundoff BHS Layout and whip passes, and didn't make the team either year...so it's pretty political here; i.e. if the coaches like you, you can most likely make the team.
I will say that in the next county over (Davie County; they only have one high school), their Large Coed (I think that's the divison..) won that HS Worlds in Florida last season, and a majority of that team is guys and girls from my gym. But that and Ledford (Erica E. & Molly G. of SE's school) is as close to good HS cheer as it gets around here!
you guys are so lucky im the only one on my high school team that can tumble and our freshmen can only do halphs..

you guys are so lucky im the only one on my high school team that can tumble and our freshmen can only do halphs..
well it was kind of annoying because only two on the team including myself were comp cheerleaders, and the girls that weren't thought they were SO cool when they would go home and Youtube stunts that we did on our Allstar team so we could do them at school. And then when they would do wrong grips, or just overall do the stunt wrong, and we would try to help them because we genuinely wanted them to learn the stunt so we were a better team, they wouldn't take our help and just thought we didn't know what we were talking about even though we'd been doing the stuff for years. School cheer at my HS is bolognaaa

I cheer in Michigan and there's definitely teams that can't do cartwheels, but there's a ton of teams with full squad tucks and girls with layouts and fulls. You see mockups and full ups also. It depends on how hard the team works and the area! My team has never been a tumbling team but I'm proud to say we have tucks & a full :) but its defintiely competitive here! Not just girls with nothing higher than a cartwheel and teams who can only hit halfs :) haha

I don't look down on them so to speak. I just think allstars is more difficult and the more sport like of the 2. But both are cheer and i love me some cheer! they're both great, just different. The only kind of cheer i look down on is nfl cheerleading. :mad:

Back