Why People Think Cheerleading Is Not A Sport.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 12, 2011
i think its the same as football in a way cause ways you get hurt in football can happen in cheering

agreeeeed, think about it.
football players throw, catch, run, and interact with their teammates.
we do that AND we lift people and tumble.
if you ask me allstar cheerleading is just as hard if not harder than football and other dominant sports.

Me personally, I think it's the way were persuaded in cheerleading movies/shows (Ex. Bring it On, Hellcats). The only knowledge non-cheerleaders get about cheering is from the media. It's the same with football. We think football is a sport because of the way NFL portrays it. If NFL wasn't on t.v football wouldn't be as popular as it is. It's just certain people perspectives. "The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein

Because we wear short skirts and cheerleaders/cheerleading in tv shows and movies are like "bitchy" and all. -.- Stupid people. CHEER IS A SPORT.

because they think they can do it ALL at the comfort of their own home. well, THEY CAN'T :rolleyes::wasntme:

People dont understand what it takes to be a competitive cheerleader. I had one mom yell at me after a mount fell. She was so mad and it wasn't really a fall but a failed mount. People just don't get it.

A lot of people think that cheering is only cheering for another sport....like for football or basketball. I think the world needs to get even more exposed to All-Stars :)

agreeeeed, think about it.
football players throw, catch, run, and interact with their teammates.
we do that AND we lift people and tumble.
if you ask me allstar cheerleading is just as hard if not harder than football and other dominant sports.
AMEN! I TOTALLY AGREW WITH YOU!

Cheer is extremely hardcore.

It drives me insane when people at my school think that cheer isn't a sport. They'll make fun of it and pretend to do cheers and stuff like that.

Not to brag, but my school has won 6 nationals titles in the past 10 times that they've been to competitions. I would like to see the football players or anyone else who makes fun of cheer go and do that.

whenever people come up and tell me its not a sport, i just look at them and say okay let me see your standing full and lift a girl up properly in a stunt. they just look at me and say well its not a sport, SO ANNOYING

Back