Why Practice Does’nt Always Make Perfect!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 15, 2012
Hey I just wanted to let everyone know about my new cheer blog at cheerfullout.com. "Why practice DOES'NT ALWAYS make perfect!" is my first original article written specifically for it. I am planning on creating new weekly content to help cheerleaders develop their skills and fitness for the upcoming competitive season.

Here is a sample of the first article:

Throughout my life I have heard the expression “practice makes perfect” repeated by coaches, teachers, and parents alike. Although the advice was given with good intentions, their message could be interoperated as “repeat something enough times and you will become better at it.” That message is at best inaccurate, and at worst is Albert Einstein’s very definition of INSANITY! For this reason I prefer the phrase Perfect practice makes perfect.”

When learning something new, every time you practice, you take a step towards making what you learned more permanent. The science behind it can get a little confusing, but for simplicities’ sake goes a little something like this. — When you learn something for the first time, the cells that make up your brain, called neurons, build new links to each other. As you practice and repeat what you learned those links becomes stronger and the cells communicate quicker and more efficiently. As a result, when neurons later pass messages between each other in order to recall what has been learned, they will chose the path that is the most familiar. This is much in the same way that people tend to drive on the roads they know well even if there is a better route available.

Click here to read the rest of this article.

Don't forget to follow Full-Out Cheer & Fitness on Facebook and Twitter when your there!

Thanks,
Coach Matt

Hey I just wanted to let everyone know about my new cheer blog at cheerfullout.com. "Why practice DOES'NT ALWAYS make perfect!" is my first original article written specifically for it. I am planning on creating new weekly content to help cheerleaders develop their skills and fitness for the upcoming competitive season.

Here is a sample of the first article:

Click here to read the rest of this article.

Don't forget to follow Full-Out Cheer & Fitness on Facebook and Twitter when your there!

Thanks,
Coach Matt
Vince Lombardi quotes...so many so perfect for so many situations!
Great article, and enjoy Woodward.

Its crazy how I can spend so much time trying to find errors in the content of the post but didn't even think to look twice at the title. Again, thanks for pointing it out!

Back