All-Star Will Your Kids Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm 15 years older than my little sister and always thought I would make her the best little cheerleader EVER... but no, that little brat had to go and be a basketball prodigy. So with my luck I will have a bunch of kids that will only be interested in thing that bore me to tears... like golf :eek:

When my child get into that age I wanna get her starter into gymnastics and dance early, and then when she's able to I want her to get into cheerleading ASAP. She'll be able to choose between those choices, and all 3 offer scholarships and possibilities. I want her choices to be endless. But if my future child is like me, she'll get interested in almost anything.

oh man, you should've seen what it was like BEFORE USASF. Not that I'm in love with USASF by any means but it was barbaric lol.
i remember when not every comp followed USASF.
My team was junior prep novice, and our routine had series backhandsprings and a kick basket toss.

I think every parent would love for their kid to do something the parent loves. Not only to share that bond but also because then their activity is something you can be helpful with. Your knowledge can (finally!) be useful! But, it doesn't always work out.
I knew zippo about cheer when my CP fell in love with the sport. I'll be honest and say that I'd bought her a pony when she was 6 months old (what was I thinking?) but she just never really got into horses. So much for my accumulated knowledge being useful! But on the bright side, my CP has introduced me to a sport that I now truly love and for that I'm thankful! So whether it's cheer, softball or whatever, I hope all parents can embrace the things their kids choose because there is NOTHING worse than seeing some poor kid being forced to do an activity they don't like. And if you think I'm kidding, go watch the first month of practice on any local Tiny team!
OMG I wish you were there to tell my mom to buy ME a horse!!! I always wanted a horse, never a "pony", but no luck...so when I grew up I bought a Great Dane...Now my dog is the size of a horse!

Back