All-Star Woodward Cheer Camp 2012!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My CP (who just turned 9) will be there weeks 1&2. we live in texas so i am flying her up on saturday and will fly back friday the 15th to pick her up on the 16th. I SOOO wish they still needed mini moms!! I know she will have a blast, but two weeks is a really long time. (for me!!)
I got canteen mom but my first choice was mini mom. I applied as soon as possible and ended up with my second choice so I think jobs went pretty fast. What will your cp be working on at camp?

My CP (who just turned 9) will be there weeks 1&2. we live in texas so i am flying her up on saturday and will fly back friday the 15th to pick her up on the 16th. I SOOO wish they still needed mini moms!! I know she will have a blast, but two weeks is a really long time. (for me!!)
Even if you don't receive any parent job, you may still visit your child on a daily basis if you wish! Also, feel free to contact the office to inquire about any openings throughout the summer. Sometimes things happened where parents become unavailable and positions open up!

I got canteen mom but my first choice was mini mom. I applied as soon as possible and ended up with my second choice so I think jobs went pretty fast. What will your cp be working on at camp?

She is really hoping to get her full.....it is all she has talked about for the past month. While it would be amazing for her to come back with a full in her bag of tricks....I need her to remember to have a little fun too!!!

Even if you don't receive any parent job, you may still visit your child on a daily basis if you wish! Also, feel free to contact the office to inquire about any openings throughout the summer. Sometimes things happened where parents become unavailable and positions open up!

Thanks for the message!! Unfortunately, we decided to send her after it was too late for me to apply for a parent job. We are coming from Austin, Texas, so I am flying up there with her this Saturday, dropping her off at camp (and hanging out as long as she'll let me :cool: ) and flying back home to Texas on Sunday. I fly back up to PA on the 15th and pick her up on the 16th. I would stay and be a mini-mom in a heartbeat if something miraculously opened up. (the one outfit in my overnight bag might be a little nasty after two weeks though) :eek:

Maybe we can keep in touch and you can give me CP updates?!? Where are y'all from and what is your CP working on? I bet she is bouncing off the walls with excitement about camp....I know mine is!! It will be fun to meet you and your CP at the end of week 2!!

We are starting to pack (and of course shop) for camp weeks 1 & 2. We are from Texas where is is already 100 degrees. What should we expect and dress for as far as weather the 1st 2 weeks? Does she need sweats, etc. for mornings and evenings? Also, for the theme days, do they dress up during the day in their theme or just at night? Does anyone know what all the "official" theme days are? Any ideas what to pack for the themes? (she's only 9)

Also, is the rumor about no sports bras true? Sports bras are the only thing my CP practices and tumbles in. (she doesn't like things that ride up) She's got plenty of snug strapy tanks (courtesy of Justice :p) so if sports bras we'll pack a lot of tanks instead.

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom.....cheer mama is starting to freak out a bit!! :help:

Maybe we can keep in touch and you can give me CP updates?!? Where are y'all from and what is your CP working on? I bet she is bouncing off the walls with excitement about camp....I know mine is!! It will be fun to meet you and your CP at the end of week 2!!

Sure I'd be happy to update you. We are in PA by the MD line. Right now CP is cleaning up tucks and front punches. I'm hoping she has them clean enough to work layouts by camp but we are running out of time so I don't know. She doesn't need a layout this year anyway since she's on a Y3 squad. She's super excited about coming to camp this is her first time at a sleep away camp. She is super social so I'm expecting her to have a dozen new best friends by the end of the week. I just hope she remembers she's there to work too. :)

We are starting to pack (and of course shop) for camp weeks 1 & 2. We are from Texas where is is already 100 degrees. What should we expect and dress for as far as weather the 1st 2 weeks? Does she need sweats, etc. for mornings and evenings? Also, for the theme days, do they dress up during the day in their theme or just at night? Does anyone know what all the "official" theme days are? Any ideas what to pack for the themes? (she's only 9)

Also, is the rumor about no sports bras true? Sports bras are the only thing my CP practices and tumbles in. (she doesn't like things that ride up) She's got plenty of snug strapy tanks (courtesy of Justice :p) so if sports bras we'll pack a lot of tanks instead.

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom.....cheer mama is starting to freak out a bit!! :help:

I've only gone to camp in the middle of summer so I don't really know weather for beginning but it shouldn't be too different from middle which was cool mornings warm/hot days & warm sometimes cool nights! I would say pack a sweatshirt & sweatpants I found myself wearing them in the morning or at night when it was cooler. For theme days it is during her cheer session so it's only for a few hours which is something to keep in mind pack what she can practice in! I don't remember the exact theme days off the top of my head but i think someone said it earlier in this thread or the other woodward one or I'm sure someone will answer sorry! Yes the no sports bra rule is true so I suggest the tanks & don't freak out she's gonna have so much fun!:)

ETA sorry if there's any mistakes or it doesn't make sense I'm on my phone!

They did confirm no sports bras unless it's 90-100 degrees which isn't likely for week2. We will be taking a few in case though. CP usually only tumbles in sports bras too in the Summer so she wasn't happy about that. On Woodward's facebook page they listed the days of the week and the themes. They were nerd day, Hawaii day, 80's neon day, all star gym day, and skills day ( make t-shirt with the skills your CP hopes to get). I went shopping today :) I bought t-shirts for the nerd and Hawaii days and plan to have her wear a tank underneath in case she gets hot. They said they would wear the stuff in the morning and take pictures before or after warm ups and then they could take off anything that they can't tumble in. I plan to buy a few prop things that she will take off for tumbling like glasses and stuff but her outfit is also themed. I think I'm going to put each days outfit in a gallon ziplock bag with the day on it so she knows exactly what to wear since she is one who will pull everything out of her drawer to find one outfit.

They did confirm no sports bras unless it's 90-100 degrees which isn't likely for week2. We will be taking a few in case though. CP usually only tumbles in sports bras too in the Summer so she wasn't happy about that. On Woodward's facebook page they listed the days of the week and the themes. They were nerd day, Hawaii day, 80's neon day, all star gym day, and skills day ( make t-shirt with the skills your CP hopes to get). I went shopping today :) I bought t-shirts for the nerd and Hawaii days and plan to have her wear a tank underneath in case she gets hot. They said they would wear the stuff in the morning and take pictures before or after warm ups and then they could take off anything that they can't tumble in. I plan to buy a few prop things that she will take off for tumbling like glasses and stuff but her outfit is also themed. I think I'm going to put each days outfit in a gallon ziplock bag with the day on it so she knows exactly what to wear since she is one who will pull everything out of her drawer to find one outfit.
I did that the first two years my cp went to camp - the clothes by day in ziplock bags. It worked great and she always had a practice and non-practice outfit available without rummaging through all her stuff. Last year I just packed sports bras in one bag, spankies in another, etc. which also made things pretty easy. Don't forget a laundry bag for the cp to toss all her stuff into at the end of each day. It's a great camp and your cp will have a fantastic time.

Thank you all who have responded! Your valuable first hand accounts of what you've gone through at camp as far as clothing goes is spot on! We allow sports bras, the tummy just needs to be covered (wearing a tank, cami, or t-shirt over the sports bra works.) All of the doors in the gym slide open every day to allow plenty of air inside they will be cool and comfortable. It is cooler in the morning and gets warmer throughout the day. If she forgets anything we have a full clothing shop with spandex, sports bras, tank tops, shorts, sweat pants, tshirts, sweatshirts, toothbrushes, deodorant, etc.!

I've only gone to camp in the middle of summer so I don't really know weather for beginning but it shouldn't be too different from middle which was cool mornings warm/hot days & warm sometimes cool nights! I would say pack a sweatshirt & sweatpants I found myself wearing them in the morning or at night when it was cooler. For theme days it is during her cheer session so it's only for a few hours which is something to keep in mind pack what she can practice in! I don't remember the exact theme days off the top of my head but i think someone said it earlier in this thread or the other woodward one or I'm sure someone will answer sorry! Yes the no sports bra rule is true so I suggest the tanks & don't freak out she's gonna have so much fun!:)

ETA sorry if there's any mistakes or it doesn't make sense I'm on my phone!
I will be there week 2! I have gone during all times of summer! It gets freezing at night and can be chilly in the mornings anytime you go so bring sweats and hoodies! That being said, it also can get really hot at night too. It really depends on what cabin you are in! cheermama

Sure I'd be happy to update you. We are in PA by the MD line. Right now CP is cleaning up tucks and front punches. I'm hoping she has them clean enough to work layouts by camp but we are running out of time so I don't know. She doesn't need a layout this year anyway since she's on a Y3 squad. She's super excited about coming to camp this is her first time at a sleep away camp. She is super social so I'm expecting her to have a dozen new best friends by the end of the week. I just hope she remembers she's there to work too. :)

Awesome!! Sounds like our CP's are very close in their skills! Our nemesis was the front punch step out. Because she learned and competed front punch forward roll, she got used to doing the stop, drop and roll after her punch front. It was a nightmare getting her to actually step out of it. My CP is on a Y4 team....they are an insane group of little tiny tumblers....our challenge is having bases big enough to get them up in the air for their level 4 stunts....but as we all keep saying....it's only May....

I'll PM you with my contact info so we can keep in touch! :)

SOOOO funny about the ziplock bags. I told my CP I was going to do that for her yesterday and she gave me that look that said, "really mom??? I think I can handle it". I'm going to do it anyway :cool: but at least she won't be the only over organized child in the group.

Last night she told me that she didn't need a special outfit for nerd day and she tucked in her tank top and pulled her shorts up to her rib cage and said, "there, nerd outfit.....check" While I didn't say it to her, I thought to myself, "honey, it's nerd day not camel toe day"....(sorry if that was inappropriate) :eek:

Back