All-Star Worlds 2012 Johnstons Center And Milkhouse

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

y'all.... at the end of the day... you are competing at worlds. Pressure is the same, medals are the same, rings are the same...... I will say that the biggest issue in the Jostens Center is that the crowd is NOWHERE near as intense as it is in the Milkhouse because it's so far away. The large senior faithful crowd camped out in the milkhouse and those are some of the loudest fans in the biz. So, I think that international coed 5 was one of the top 3 most heavily contested divisions at worlds last year, and we definitely didn't get the crowd or the noise that any division in the milkhouse got... so that's a sad part... but again, at the end of the day... it was still worlds in Jostens... rings were still on the line.... it was a great experience.

Foot, meet mouth. Shovel, meet large area of land that looks like it could use a rather glorious hole in it..

I will say they're doing a better job of making them look 'equal' but dear god I HATED those side backdrop things this year. I know they're from ICU but GOSH they looked so weird. So much red and silvery white..

I'm trying to make it so most divisions compete in both at SOME point, but the problem is that no division is as big as IOC5, Small Coed, and Small AG. Those 3 take up SO many teams that SOMEONE'S gonna get shafted for prelims. It's just the way it is..

Would you be more upset at the fact you didn't make it to day two or that you never got to compete in the Milkhouse?

The way you're making yourself sound is as though competing at Worlds doesn't matter as much as performing in the Milkhouse.

This is true. Not getting to perform in the Milkhouse can suck, but when the day is over, would you rather not go to Worlds at all?

What I think would be ideal, is what I posted earlier, I believe I posted it?
small all girl and small coed (and as someone stated earlier, IOC 5) have the highest numbers, so between those 3 divisions, you'd use a good chunk of time in a day, so throw 'em in the Josten's center day one, eliminate the teams that have zero chance of top 5-15, throw the top 10-15 (preferrably 10, I do rather enjoy the talk about only taking 10 from each division to finals) in the Milkhouse day 2, and I would bet that, with only 3 teams in large senior, and only what 4-5 in large coed, maybe a few more, you'd be able to basically fit the whole finals in the Milkhouse. I may be wrong, but if that was possible, that would be ideal.

So if I work that hard and get a paid bid to worlds and compete in a bootleg arena, i'm not gonna be to happy.
Ah, but if I worked hard and got a paid bid to worlds and got the chance to compete in the bootleg arena, I'd kiss the ground with joy!

LISTEN, at the end of the day if you dont like the set up then dont go. Simple as that. No one wants to hear you complain, take it or leave it.

World's is still a baby. Brand new. The cheerleaders today are just the pioneer's of this changing and evolving sport. It will take many many years to iron things out. For now...be happy you compete there at all. Josten's Center or Milkhouse...it doesn't matter. When more international teams join, there will be less room for soooo many american teams. Your future children might never be good enough to ever step foot on that stage one day. Be grateful that you were given the opportunity in your day.

Back