All-Star Worlds 2013 Finals On Monday?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I guess thinking about it more, it could reduce the "local" attendees (anyone who drives in just for finals.) But I am guessing this wouldn't be a huge number.

It would be great if someone could get a survey of Worlds attendees to figure out the best way to address the overcrowding issues (seems that without actual facts to back anything up, changing to Monday finals could be a crap shoot):

1. where they are coming from (and are they driving, flying, staying on / off property, staying for the day only.)

2. what type of spectator they are (coming to watch a division, the whole day, a team or two). (Since as it is today...someone like a parent who may just want to watch a team or a few has to line up early to hold a seat until the actual team performs. Seems like an inefficient use of space.)

3. Which events / teams / divisions they want to see (to assist with scheduling between Jostens and Milkhouse).

That is so stupid, that would mean missing school on monday and tuesday for the people that stay, and everyone will, and those are the most important days of the week for school!

Monday Finals likely won't hurt the number of teams that attend but it might influence the families. Missing work on a Monday is one thing but missing Monday AND Tuesday might change some people's minds, the same goes for siblings who will be missing school. I'm not sure exactly what the motivation is for the push to Monday but if the idea is to eliminate the overcrowding then Varsity has MUCH more work to do because pushing the event into Monday is not going to even come close to fixing the problem.
Many good teams on finals day + their friends and families + crazed fans + athletes from teams that have not advanced to the finals + venue with insufficient seating = TOTAL DISASTER !

By having finals on Monday, the only negative repercussion regarding crowds I see happening is the attendance in the parks will decrease, and good ol' Didney Worl will not be happy about that. That is a ton of money forgone when you look at the cost of park entry, food, and souvenir Mickey Ears.

As someone noted earlier, I don't think many people fly out Sunday night.. They stay until Monday and use that extra day to explore Animal Kingdom or whatever other park they choose. I remember last year, I park hopped on Monday and cheerleaders were EVERYWHERE. I couldn't go the distance in between trashcans without seeing an athlete with a bow in her hair. I feel as if more people would attempt to fly out Monday night instead of staying that extra day for the parks to avoid missing more school... Or people just won't care and Worlds weekend will turn into a Friday to Tuesday affair. :confused:

Why cant they use the hp center and jostens for competing and the Varsity tent for all awards- people will get up to go see awards or to see another division in another center- keep it moving quickly.Put 2 most watched divisions on at same time in the hp and jostens thus spacing out spectators. This would stink for the average spectator as they would be running back and forth but would free up seating. Have only 1 division at a time in the varsity tent- set it up very nice and use it for EVERY divisions awards. The key to this would be setting 3 stages identical so that noone feels less important.

What about having international teams compete Sunday-Monday? Those are teams with less high school kids I'd assume and college athletes are mostly ending school, an they can fly out Friday? That way making up the day should e easier because it's one compared to two.

This will hurt many of the college athletes because many have finals starting the week after Worlds so this will put them most likely coming home on Tuesday. When I was in college finals week was Monday-Saturday and my teachers wouldn't let me reschedule my final unless it was doing they approved of. There are several college athletes who are also spectators so this could cause them to not go or leave a day early.

I've always said their are too many divisions in cheerleading and their are too many bids being handed out. I'm hopeing with this new "summit" thing those teams in small senior or small coed who shouldn't be in a worlds division go restricted 5... they will get to attend a worlds like event at Disney and it stops this 50+ team but really only 15-20 who deserve to be there

Yes, its been so much harder for cp to miss class in college than in high school. High school you can make up your work, or be put on a home study program depending where you are from

College they can just drop you, especially if you've missed a day here and there for other travel comps

yep for the past two years my finals have started the monday after worlds for college. We have finals Monday - Thursday and you can only make up if your teacher is super nice and allows you. If I had to miss Monday and Tuesday, this past semester I would have missed 3 finals. Thats a lot of finals to try and make up in two days plus your other finals on wednesday and thursday. Talk about a study nightmare. International teams with college age athletes will have a really hard time with this.

Could they want to change the dates for Worlds becuase of the summit? In most cases if you are flying from the west coast and staying until Tuesday - it is only a few more days to until that next weekend.

Again summit will not limit teams attending worlds as has been mentioned in several threads. No gym will want to admit to their paying parents that they are not good enough.

Back