All-Star Worlds 2013 Spectator ?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That was my point. There are a lot of athletes taking up seats and parents (paying customers) are worried about getting in. If you don't buy tickets as soon as they become available, do you run the risk of not seeing your child if they make it. Large Co-ed and Lrg All Girl will be hot tickets.
And those are both on Sunday when they still only have one session....so I am still not sure how that is going to work.

So maybe because it's 5pm on the East Coast I'm just tired and missing it-but does anyone know yet about when the actual tickets go on sale? We planned our whole Disney family vacation around Worlds and I promised my daughter one full day of spectatorship :). The good news is our gym's level 5 team got an at-large....so I told her we would go to that day of prelims. I just want to buy the dang tickets!

They've priced me out. I couldn't go last year (first year I wasn't there in a long time) because my brother was getting married and I needed to save money. I got the webcast, which I thought was pretty good quality, and watched from my couch. Was planning on going back this year, but I can't afford those ticket prices, plus airfare, plus hotel, plus food. Besides, I was more comfortable on my couch, and warmer.
Round trip from trenton is only 130 $

Sent from my Galaxy S III

I wonder if people will skip a certain session to get in line for another session? I assume if you wait til the last team in session 1 and then have to go outside and come back in, you wont have a good seat.

I wonder if people will skip a certain session to get in line for another session? I assume if you wait til the last team in session 1 and then have to go outside and come back in, you wont have a good seat.

It will be interesting hearing everyone's game plan as I watch the livestream from my comfy couch. I'm sure we will get some great stories out of it.

When you're competing at ICU and have the 5 day package, are the USASF worlds then included oder do I have to buy extra tickets for them?
By the time, my worlds trip is over, I will have spent around 2.000 € all in all so I want to make sure, i get to watch allstar worlds as well... :/

My kid will hopefully be competing on Sunday in LgCoed. I'm seriously considering not going to watch him compete this year. It doesn't appear that there has been anything done to control the overcrowding on Sunday and I'm embarrassed to say that I'm genuinely afraid of what might happen if I showed up there at 6am to see his team and was unable to get in because the venue was full of non-paying athlete spectators. I will not be herded into and out of the venue like I was last year. Just typing this has my blood-pressure up - seriously. I'm thinking for the safety of all involved (and to save my kid years on a therapist's couch) I'll just stay home.

Just a thought...Why not automatically issue two family tickets per athlete for the session in which their team is participating. These could be free ("hey thank you parents for all you have done/paid to get your child here") or at a discounted or even full price (ugh!) but make them a priority type ticket of some variety. (Maybe guarantees a specific section ---only that ticket color) It's not a perfect solution. Some families may need more tickets others less...but I think it gives some acknowledgment to the kids' BIGGEST fans!

I'm very happy to have found this thread. I had heard there were going to be changes this year and that prices were going to be going up, but hadn't looked into the details. There are a lot of really valuable questions and answers contained in the thread, so I am going to try to summarize them in 1 post so we can try to get some answers for the questions that still have not been answered.

I have reviewed the worlds information PDF that is posted on the USASF website. From that information, here is what I can determine (feel free to correct me if I have misunderstood anything I have read):

ABSOLUTES
1. If you would like to forgo all of the madness, you can purchase a subscription to the "on demand" viewing of all Worlds perfomances for $35 if purchased before April 27 ($45 if purchased after the 27th). This is not a "live feed". The performances will be up 2 - 4 hours after they actually compete. Live streaming may be available but will be announced at a later date.

2. Large Senior and Large Senior Coed will have finals on Sunday.

3. Small Senior, Small Senior Coed, Medium Senior & Medium Senior Coed will have finals on Monday. All international divisions will have finals on Monday as well.

4. ESPN WWS complex admission or park hopper pass will be ALL THAT IS REQUIRED to get into the venue on Saturday and Sunday. There are no "sessions" on these two days (so camping in the milk house will be a reality, especially Sunday afternoon/night when Lg. Senior and Lg. Senior Coed Finals will take place). Cost of a single admission for either day is $40 per person (no child discount, unless your child is under 2 then they get in free).

5. Park hopper passes will get you into the WWS complex on Saturday, Sunday and Monday and will NOT count as 1 day used on your park hopper pass (pass clock starts to tick when you go to one of the 4 major parks). Park Hopper will also get you THROUGH THE GATES ONLY into the WWS complex on MONDAY, but WILL NOT get you into any of the 3 sessions in the milk house. To get into any of these sessions, you will have to pay an additional $30 to get in.

6. The divisions that will compete in the three sessions on Monday (order/grouping yet to be announced) are Small Senior, Small Senior Coed, Medium Senior, Medium Senior Coed, Iopen 5, Iopen Coed 5, Iopen 6, Iopen Coed 6.

ASSUMPTIONS (due to no clear direction in the information provided)

1. Last year Large Senior and Large Senior Coed divisions caused the most problems for viewing at the Field House. The finals for these two divisions are on Sunday and do not appear to need a seperate "session" ticket. This means the same problems that took place last year will most likely be repeated this year. If you want to watch the finals for these divisions, you better get in early. In addition, although it has not been announced, USASF's information says they can change/modify things at any time. I would not be surprised to see them add an additonal $30 "session" for this division for Sunday evening.

2. Monday session capacity. Although this is not specified in the current information provided, the expectation is that they will only sell a certain number of tickets for each of the 3 Monday sessions to allow for a specific maximum capacity for the HP Field House. No information has been provided yet as to when these tickets will go on sale. In addition, no information has been provided as to what divisions will be included in each session. For those that are going, I recommend getting your session tickets as soon as you can. Don't wait until the last minute, because once they sell out, you will be "down the river". This will undoubtedly create a "scalping" issue this year as well (although I'm sure Disney will be policing for it). We can assume this just by looking at what happened at "The Majors" competition last year. I know of people paying $200 for a ticket to get in because there were only so many tickets available.

3. Based on the information provided, it can be assumed that athletes WILL NOT be allowed into the Monday sessions without a ticket unless they are with their team and going in to compete. This means that teammates will not be able to support their teams in the finals without purchasing a ticket to the session. Without a ticket, they will be confined to watching the finals on the jumbo-tron.
I also believe they will not be marching people into the "priority viewing" area from lines outside the Field House and then marching them back out of the Field House like they did last year. If you want to watch live, it seems the only option is you will have to buy a ticket.

4. If you are going to attend multiple sessions, pick which one you want a good seat to and get in line early. This may mean you will have to leave a session you are watching to go back outside and get in line for the next session. Only time will tell on this one. If the separate the sessions by at least an hour that may allow for time to complete watching one session and still be able to get a good spot in line for the next session.

5. Due to the new "sessions" that will be taking place on Monday, expect a MAJOR traffic jam outside the HP Field house, especially in between sessions.

I commend the USASF for listening to the complaints and trying to find a solution. Given their contract with Disney, there was only so much they could do. I'm not sure if this was the right direction, especially given that the biggest overcrowding last year seemed to be in the large senior divisions. By having these on Sunday without a "session" to deal with the overcrowding, I anticipate the same problem is going to happen again this year. I guess only time will tell.

Please post if you come across information that can answer or clarify anything contained here, or if I have left anything out.

http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM2//Worlds/2013/Docs/Worlds_2013_Cheer_Packet.pdf

Forgot one detail for Park Hopper passes. They must be purchased for this event to get into the ESPN WWS complex. If you have old park hopper passes from another Disney visit, they will not get you into the WWS complex. According to the information, the park hopper passes purchased for this even will only be valid from April 20, 2013 - May 5, 2013.

I think one thing that could be done is to relocate the judges. Hundreds of seats to unused and sit open all day because they are completely blocked by the judges table. Perhaps moving them back, up to the top of the seats in the back of the area or even to ground level would allow a couple more hundred people to see.

It wouldn't help tons but it's a start.

ASSUMPTIONS (due to no clear direction in the information provided)

1. Last year Large Senior and Large Senior Coed divisions caused the most problems for viewing at the Field House. The finals for these two divisions are on Sunday and do not appear to need a seperate "session" ticket. This means the same problems that took place last year will most likely be repeated this year. If you want to watch the finals for these divisions, you better get in early. In addition, although it has not been announced, USASF's information says they can change/modify things at any time. I would not be surprised to see them add an additonal $30 "session" for this division for Sunday evening.

http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM2//Worlds/2013/Docs/Worlds_2013_Cheer_Packet.pdf

As I consider my options for this year's trip I realize the conflict that USASF and Disney are presented. They have two very different populations of customers that they need to satisfy. There are those who are cheer afficionados who are there because they love the sport. They will happily sit for hours with numb bottoms just to experience that which is Worlds. This is a very significant demographic that needs to be fostered for the sport to grow. On the other side are the non-professional cheer parents who just want to watch their kid and the teams in that division (and perhaps a few high profile teams in other divisions) compete and hopefully win. This too is a very important population because, heck, we pay the bills year round. Unfortunately, it will be difficult to satisfy both these groups.

It had not even dawned on me that the LgS and LgSCoed would be in the evening. This would be worst case scenario for me. As I confessed in the cheermoms thread I am probably the worst cheermom ever. The thought of having to arrive before dawn and sit through the prelims for all the divisions that will have finals Monday in order to guarantee my family seats for the finals in LgCoed is disturbing. For me, adding an additional $30 session for those two divisions would be a perfect solution. Have those prelims all day, clear the Milkhouse at 7:00 pm then reopen at 8:00 pm for those two division finals.

Can someone please post the link to where you order the on demand viewing option? I've looked everywhere but just can't find it :banghead:

I want to make sure I am understanding correctly....
WWS or ParkHopper passes will allow admission into the event on Saturday and Sunday but you won't be able to tell if they have shut the doors due to max capacity until you are in there?
Also, what would you suggested as sufficient time to be arrive to wait in line for Lg Sr/Lg Coed awards?

Also, finding this thread is the best thing that has happened to me all month. I. Am. So. EXCITED!!!!!

(When I typed WWS I accidentally tpyed WCSS haha)

Latest posts

Back