All-Star Worlds 2013 Spectator ?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am just now starting to "try" and figure this out. Last year, I was overseas so I couldn't make it. My husband took my daughter and her friend both days.

Help a Mama out... if we only went one day, the day to be there is Monday?

I suppose once the schedule is out we will know more, but since the prices have changed I don't think we are going to go (me, husband, daughter, friend) and stay the weekend in Orlando like last year. Since we live in Tampa, I am now thinking if she can afford to miss a day of school to go on Monday? Would be just me and her unless her friend paid their own way this year.

Oh, last year, my husband took a day off work, drove Tampa to Orlando on the first day ticket sales were available and bought the tickets for us and a few other families. He says he will do that again if the tickets go on sale early, so I need to figure out if they are selling Monday tickets in advance or not.

I am just now starting to "try" and figure this out. Last year, I was overseas so I couldn't make it. My husband took my daughter and her friend both days.

Help a Mama out... if we only went one day, the day to be there is Monday?

I suppose once the schedule is out we will know more, but since the prices have changed I don't think we are going to go (me, husband, daughter, friend) and stay the weekend in Orlando like last year. Since we live in Tampa, I am now thinking if she can afford to miss a day of school to go on Monday? Would be just me and her unless her friend paid their own way this year.

Oh, last year, my husband took a day off work, drove Tampa to Orlando on the first day ticket sales were available and bought the tickets for us and a few other families. He says he will do that again if the tickets go on sale early, so I need to figure out if they are selling Monday tickets in advance or not.
When I called and asked about buying tickets for Monday (optimistic the team my daughter is on will make Monday finals) I was told that Monday tickets would be for sale on Saturday at the venue. I am hoping this changes. The prospect of me camping out on Saturday (when the team has practices and other teams from their gym will be competing) so that I can watch my kid compete on Monday, is a bit frustrating!

Does anybody have the email address for the person I contact for park hopper tickets? I've had 2 of the past accounts bounce back!

Okay, I think I have this down now....Park Hopper for Saturday and Sunday....three sessions on Monday at $30 per session with tickets for these sessions going on sale Saturday and not before! Wow USASF you are making some assumptions, that if your wrong are going to cause quite a bit of anger.
First, your assuming that a vast majority of fans, parents, and cheerleaders of teams that are not in finals on Monday will forgo the sessions by either going to a park or going home in order to reduce overcrowding. Sure hope your right! As for Sunday, I expect it to be the same as any other year as everyone will hang around all day or will come back later to watch large.
Secondly, by not disclosing EARLY which divisions are in each session along with the time slots slated for these sessions on Monday are not allowing for folks to potentially make flight/travel plans to return home perhaps late Monday. I know that I am going to do all I can to avoid having my CP miss three days of school but clearly you all aren't helping me out here with your lack of information. If you would have provided this weeks ago may have reduced overcrowding just a tad more.
Third, In my opinion there is always many a fan that believes their team has a fairly good chance to make it to finals (whether a reality or not). As a result the savvy fan will purchase session tickets on Saturday to insure they can watch their favorite team or cp. Just how many tickets for each session do they plan to sell? What happens to the less savvy parent or fan that waits till the final teams are announced on Sunday only to go to the ticket booth to be told that the session that their child is performing is sold out......they gonna need additional security if this were to happen to this cheer dad, I can assure you.
Fourth, will this then result in ticket scalping as someone has already suggested when fans of those that didn't make it to finals want to dump their tickets? Mickey will have an issue with it, but I guess we could always start a FB thread for available tickets to Monday sessions that can be picked up off site.
Fifth, what about gyms with multiple teams at worlds. If these teams all wear the same uni's or close to it wouldn't everyone wear their uni on Monday in order to gain entrance to a session for free?....I would. Do they have a plan to prevent this? I Doubt it!
As a worlds vet for more than 5 years I understand that something had to give but the lack of information that has been provided in print is poor at best, and is even worse when getting different answers to the same questions when actually speaking to folks in person as this thread has already revealed. It still make me scratch my head that they have to actually reduce the size of us paying customers. Rant over!

I am really disappointed that the USasf did not consider school when deciding to host this event on a Monday. Three days of school is a lot in my opinion!

That is the point. By moving it to Monday USASF is assuming less people will stay til then. Obviously a big assumption to make, but that's what they're hoping for.

So..if tickets for the monday sessions are being sold on saturday, what happens if you buy the ticket for monday and your kids/siblings/whatever team doesn't make it to finals? are you just out of $30?

So..if tickets for the monday sessions are being sold on saturday, what happens if you buy the ticket for monday and your kids/siblings/whatever team doesn't make it to finals? are you just out of $30?
My assumption would be that you could return it to the ticket counter and get a refund. I believe those that purchased a $40 sunday ticket last year which didn't make it to finals were able to obtain a refund, therefore I would assume similar for this years Monday sessions. But don't take my word for it....ask when you purchase!

And here is the reply:

Your 3 day park hopper will get you into the parks for any 3 days. Our hoppers include 5 days admission to the ESPN Wide World of Sports. One in the ESPN Center there is no other charge for the competition. You can click on Tickets Only on the website to order or printout the order form from the brochure and mail it in.

I then replied:
Could you clarify what the $30 session ticket is for Monday then? Is that if you don't purchase the Park Hopper through USASF?

The answer I received:
That is the price at the gate for the ESPN Center.

I'm not sure what is confusing about this. To me, this clearly says if you have purchased a park hopper pass thru USASF, it gives you 5 DAYS OF ENTRY in WWS. If you don't have a park hopper pass, tickets are sold AT THE GATE ON MONDAY FOR $30 per session.

I really think everyone is stressed out and reading into things. For anyone planning to attend all weekend, buy a park hopper thru USASF, you get entry to all days, all sessions. If anyone receives a response contrary, to this, please let me know but I am 99% certain that is what they are trying to say.

Latest posts

Back