All-Star Worlds 2014: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Between @fierceprincess post and the video I can't take it anymore. I need tissues. Wow wow wow such an incredible moment.
Congrats.. I would love to go to worlds, not to watch routines but to watch awards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really confused on how Stingray Steel got 4th in large coed. They were incredible.

I also thought Cheetahs routine was very exciting to watch.. To bad for the mistakes..

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Good: the BAB who based Panthers point stunt group with ONE ARM!

Bad: The horrible behavior of kids at the All Star. Drinking, drugs, forcing kids out if their rooms if they were uncomfortable with the booze or drugs. I think maybe it's time gyms considered doing drug screenings on their athletes. This is no example to set for the younger kids in any program.

This is always something I ask that parents consider when they say "My kiddo is 12 and has L5 skills. Time for a Worlds team!"

Is it the case for every team? No.

But really think about what you're ready to have your sixth grader exposed to on big competition weekends and if she can handle it!

I'm about done with Worlds! Well, I'm literally done with Worlds, my CP is a senior. It's a money making venture and there was a marked lack of respect for the parents and athletes this year. We were lined up, left in the heat for hours, and shuffled around like sheep. After performing, even the athletes had to leave. If they wanted to re-enter they had to wait in line. They weren't allowed to gift shirts, and wristbands as in previous years. That is how my CP met many international athletes. The staff was rude. They had more exit guards than concessions. Again, if you didn't buy Disney food, then nothing. Hardly any food trucks for the masses waiting outside. I just felt unwelcomed.

Doesn't the USASF understand that without us spectator/parents and especially the athletes there would be no Worlds? Judging from the attendance in the baseball field, obviously they need a new venue. What would have happened if it did rain? Would they have herded us, like cattle into the Milk House? Would they have locked some people out? People who stood in line for hours? People who paid just as much as the people inside? Would those people have to sit in a tent and watch it on a glorified TV?

That is no way to treat people period!

We (the cheer moms) said 'Have a magical day' to others more than we heard it from Disney.
That's sad that it has reached that point that we don't hear it from Disney as much/any more. I think Disney has had it with us cheer peeps!

Bad: The horrible behavior of kids at the All Star. Drinking, drugs, forcing kids out if their rooms if they were uncomfortable with the booze or drugs. I think maybe it's time gyms considered doing drug screenings on their athletes. This is no example to set for the younger kids in any program.

Is this really a real thing? Where are the chaperones? Where are they getting this booze and these drugs from? Is this all gyms or just a few?

This is the reason that World Cup athletes do not stay at all star sports and are not allowed to step foot near it during worlds

Is this really a real thing? Where are the chaperones? Where are they getting this booze and these drugs from? Is this all gyms or just a few?

Not all gyms require a parent to be in rooms with the kids so they have no clue what the kids are doing behind closed doors. Shoot half the time it's the parents now a days that are buying the alcohol for the kids which is a shame....

The good:

1. Minimal live stream issues for me (had to watch non-HD to avoid buffering, but quality was still decent)
2. Amazing performances: my favorites were Stars day 1, Steel day 1, Brandon Black day 1, OO5 day 2, Coed Elite day 2, Wildcats day 3 & SSX both days (no matter the mistakes... love me some SSX)
3. The baseball field setup (without the delay issues I think this is a great idea that has potential)

The bad:

1. SSX, BSB, and Stars not hitting/winning
2. The large senior day 2 debacle
3. The "World Champion" exhibition performances (again, good idea, not so good execution)

ETA: One more good - the Fierceboard hilarity all weekend, especially Monday night. So much fun.

This is always something I ask that parents consider when they say "My kiddo is 12 and has L5 skills. Time for a Worlds team!"

Is it the case for every team? No.

But really think about what you're ready to have your sixth grader exposed to on big competition weekends and if she can handle it!
No 12 year old should be exposed to drinking or drugs that young. The younger ones on the team look up to the older ones, and if it's the older ones misbehaving, the young ones are going to follow suit. I don't think that 12 years olds should "have to handle that."

It would be easy to make a list of bad but overall what a way to showcase this sports incredible talent. Congratulation A-Team, and their Coach of the Year.

Back