All-Star Worlds 2014: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No 12 year old should be exposed to drinking or drugs that young. The younger ones on the team look up to the older ones, and if it's the older ones misbehaving, the young ones are going to follow suit. I don't think that 12 years olds should "have to handle that."
Agreed. Part of being on a Worlds team shouldn't have to be handling drugs and alcohol. It has no place in cheerleading.

Let me clarify. The adults definitely should be doing something about it. But it appears that they are not. As a parent, you have to ask if you're willing to put your child on a team within a program that allows drugs/drinking (because if you do nothing or you have kids unsupervised, you're allowing it) just to say she's on a World's team. Not so much can a kid handle the exposure, but are you ok with it as a parent for the sake of Worlds.

Is this really a real thing? Where are the chaperones? Where are they getting this booze and these drugs from? Is this all gyms or just a few?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We did not stay on property. We took two ages out athletes with us. They went over to All-Star on Sunday night to get a chance to hang out with their old friends. Even they were shocked at all the stuff going on and, trust me, they are no puritans. It appeared to be mainly athletes on teams that had not made it to finals, but there's either someone cruising through the resort selling drugs and alcohol to the athletes or they came prepared.

I am forever getting those two mixed up.
Me too. Cp14 and I had a full blown argument at finals because one of them was standing outside the on deck tent and we argued over which one it was.

He's my kid you'd think I could tell....but you soooo can't tell from a distance. His doppelgänger was a super senior this year though so unless there are more twins running around I'll stop losing the mom of the year award next year.

Me too. Cp14 and I had a full blown argument at finals because one of them was standing outside the on deck tent and we argued over which one it was.

He's my kid you'd think I could tell....but you soooo can't tell from a distance. His doppelgänger was a super senior this year though so unless there are more twins running around I'll stop losing the mom of the year award next year.

No judging here! Mine and @CEA_ATC 's babies are twins and BFF's I get them mixed up constantly.

Good: the BAB who based Panthers point stunt group with ONE ARM!

Bad: The horrible behavior of kids at the All Star. Drinking, drugs, forcing kids out if their rooms if they were uncomfortable with the booze or drugs. I think maybe it's time gyms considered doing drug screenings on their athletes. This is no example to set for the younger kids in any program.

THIS!!!!
Except in the stadium. I have never seen so many drunk/high teenagers in my life. I saw the bottle being passed from people with coaches lanyards on to athletes with uniforms on that obviously weren't old enough to be drinking if they were on the that team.
Sad!

For people who competed at Worlds from international teams, how long did it take you to get used to the time change while in Florida?

No time. Germany is 6 hours earlier than Florida. We arrived at 5:30 pm so it is 11:30pm in Germany. + a few hours to get to the hotel, eat something till bedtime and its like a long night dancing :D

Good: the BAB who based Panthers point stunt group with ONE ARM!

Bad: The horrible behavior of kids at the All Star. Drinking, drugs, forcing kids out if their rooms if they were uncomfortable with the booze or drugs. I think maybe it's time gyms considered doing drug screenings on their athletes. This is no example to set for the younger kids in any program.

Can we talk about this on the 18+ boards?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || MEOW

Back