All-Star Worlds 2016 Day 1 Updates (saturday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

question. what happened to make everyone on my twitter TL complain about getting silly deductions today?!

oh and I predict
Cheetahs, TG, Steel

Does anyone know why one of the Small Senior groups had the entire division rescored? I saw a team on Facebook say they didn't make it through but then just posted a new video 20 minutes ago of the new semi-finalists.

At one point, there was reported a mile long line to challenge scores---I'm sure it was an exaggeration, but scores earlier today were all over the place and there were a ton of challenges

Wasn't it? Just kidding. The best was when Neil Diamond came and sang it at Fenway right after the Marathon bombings 2 years ago.

This song has been popular all over for years. It's just a really catchy tune. It hit #4 on Billboard and went platinum. I don't think that had anything to do with Varsity! LOL

At one point, there was reported a mile long line to challenge scores---I'm sure it was an exaggeration, but scores earlier today were all over the place and there were a ton of challenges

Literally so many challenges and scores changing that they had to start announcing that scores are not final until order of performance is called.

I know the teams advancing into semis from prelims compete in reverse order but how do they determine the order when they have A & B? Is it by overall score?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I know the teams advancing into semis from prelims compete in reverse order but how do they determine the order when they have A & B? Is it by overall score?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
i think it is - but not positive. we're still waiting for our exact performance time.

This song has been popular all over for years. It's just a really catchy tune. It hit #4 on Billboard and went platinum. I don't think that had anything to do with Varsity! LOL
Not trying to claim varsity made the song at all, but that most of us in the cheer would not know it all these years later if it wasn't always played. Every camp and competition I've been to since 2001 or so has played this song so many times!

Literally so many challenges and scores changing that they had to start announcing that scores are not final until order of performance is called.

That is ridiculous. I'm sorry, but at WORLDS, the judges should be well versed enough to where coaches/gym owners shouldn't feel the need to challenge a score. I could understand a random comp...and even a bigger one (like NCA, UCA, Cheersport, etc.), but this is WORLDS. There shouldn't be a reason to challenge anything. Judges should know what they're doing/scoring and coaches should see it and feel confident that they were given the correct scoring. Challenging shouldn't happen at worlds, if you haven't been called on something all season, it shouldn't be a problem....if you added it for worlds and it got called, that's on you.

Not trying to claim varsity made the song at all, but that most of us in the cheer would not know it all these years later if it wasn't always played. Every camp and competition I've been to since 2001 or so has played this song so many times!

It is a great one! :}

Has worlds always announced scores throughout the day? I don't remember that and maybe that's where a lot of the issues are.

Back