All-Star Worlds 2016 Day 2 Updates (sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I fell asleep after small all-girl and missed the discussion... So it's a bit late, but that is probably the best I have ever seen SSX perform. So clean, so difficult, and so much energy. I may have shed a little tear.

Who really thinks LC is going to run on time?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
40c3b81543ed1e9e996a2c084f216a60.jpg

Look I agree that the system right now doesn't work, when you have a team score 50 and make it to the finals. I want it to be at least mostly based on merit, hence the minimum score requirement. But I don't want a final made up of 90% US teams and a couple of token teams from Canada and Aus. I don't see that as an 'international' competition.

But I don't think you and I are going to agree on this.
There are definitely flaws. I'd be more inclined to agree if there weren't more than 10 non-US countries with worlds medals.

To me, it's the same as the gymnastics finals, where the number from each country is limited. Because it's boring and not really 'international' if the finals were to be all US, Russia, Romania and China as we all know they would be.

I would be terribly bored watching a final made up of all Americans. Keep the 3 from each country rule, but work in a minimum score.
To be fair I don't like it in gymnastics either. Again the best gymnasts should be recognized for being the best... And I don't see how getting 4th, 5th, etc even feels like something you can be proud of when you know there should have been several teams in front of you but those teams didn't get to compete because of a silly rule.
Also, I'd feel embarrassed to compete next to the likes of wildcats by default if I was scoring less than 50%.
And teams from other countries have won, so it wouldn't be just the US in finals. We've already given international teams a different scoresheet to allow them to be more competitive (which is fine) but the 3 per country rule actually hurts teams in an attempt at giving international teams a leg up.

Back