All-Star Worlds 2016 Day 3 Updates (monday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am so over the slip and slide controversy. It needs to stop. There was ONE oob from Panthers and I don't think there was any athlete falls or bobbles from any of the top 5 in large senior. I feel if the mats were really a "slip and slide" there would have been multiple tumbling busts. There were building falls but they all had building falls day 1 as well which was inside. Yes the red mats could have potentially been dangerous but it seems panthers was the only team affected and I am glad this athlete is okay. As for the time, complain before you compete not after you go and have mistakes. I knew when large coed was delayed that large senior would be going very late. Some people need to learn to take high road in my opinion!

IMO, the disadvantage associated with going earlier in the division likely equaled the potential disadvantages of the floor possibly being more wet/the later performance times. Not that I expect everyone to agree with me, but although it was disastrous overall, I thought it was a level playing field in that sense.
Ill agree with you kinda on the floor being just as wet for F5 a and everyone after. But I don't think it was that even of a playing field between F5 and Orange. I think the later the teams went on, the longer they sat around after warm ups or they had to warm up again. And I feel like there is a difference between 45ish minutes in athletic ability after a certain time. Like after a while, your stamina and energy starts to drop off exponentially. Would I have the same athletic endurance at 10:55 (F5) that I did at 11:35 (Orange)? I really don't think so. Plus, F5 performed at a USASF approved time. Everyone else after did not.

I know these girls are in the moment and probably forget they are on camera and live feed.. but can we remind girls to wait until they are completely back stage before ripping off their uniform ? yikes !! I know this is random but its the mama in me lol

I am so over the slip and slide controversy. It needs to stop. There was ONE oob from Panthers and I don't think there was any athlete falls or bobbles from any of the top 5 in large senior. I feel if the mats were really a "slip and slide" there would have been multiple tumbling busts. There were building falls but they all had building falls day 1 as well which was inside. Yes the red mats could have potentially been dangerous but it seems panthers was the only team affected and I am glad this athlete is okay. As for the time, complain before you compete not after you go and have mistakes. I knew when large coed was delayed that large senior would be going very late. Some people need to learn to take high road in my opinion!
...It's against the USASF's OWN code of conduct for teams to be competing after 11pm. Again, at this stage of my life I have no dog in my fight but you're a COACH. These are your ATHLETES: their health and safety is in your hands, and the hands of the person running the competition. If the governing body of the sport your in won't even follow it's OWN safety rules, how do you respect it as a governing body? How do you accept that? You can't. It SHOULD still be contested, it SHOULD still be talked about. This isn't the first time it's been a problem and yet they continue to insist they're 'working' on it. You don't 'work' on an event over 10 years in process.

Does nobody remember the vault catastrophe in the WAG finals at the Olympics? Has that ever happened again? No.

ETA: I wasn't here last night (clearly as I stated) so I haven't had the chance to get my frustration out. I want to say Hooray for F5 because I can't- not even because of who won, but HOW they had to win. Any type of slippery surface (especially with the type of lightweight cheer shoe they wear now) is dangerous for everyone, winners and losers alike.

It should have its own thread.

Back