All-Star Worlds 2017 Day 2 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Its hard to see other people get what you worked so hard for especially when it's so close. I think it's easy to complain about the sour faces watching from the outside and it's easy to say you wouldn't do that but I don't think until we are in that situation we can judge how others react to it

When My team didn't get a worlds bid last year by .1 (WHEN THE TEAM THAT GOT THE BID HAD A MISSED DEDUCTION) I was hella a bitter betty. I normally think of myself as better/more professional than that but the feeling of realizing that was it, my season was over, I was retired, and we didn't even make it to worlds was soul crushing.
I can totally understand being sour AF, but I would hope they would keep it between themselves and their friends and off twitter, that's where I draw the line.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be disappointed. Even making it to finals and placing top 10 would be a dream for me.

Here's the thing: in recent years, making finals in large senior has been a given. These are the top teams in that division. They're expected to make finals. So that's not the goal for them, the goal is winning worlds.

If you went to worlds, you'd have a different goal, and that's okay too! I love seeing the teams that are excited about making top 10/top 5/top 3 (like the C5 video the year they won, when they were celebrating hard for top 5!). But there are certain teams that have different expectations set upon them, by coaches/fans/parents/themselves, and that will change their perspective on getting second or third.

It's very hard to regulate your immediate reaction to an event, particularly one you care deeply about/are passionate about. They're children. If you can do it - great, more power to you. I don't like to criticize them unless they're truly exhibiting bad sportsmanship (refusing to congratulate another team, going on social media the next day and bashing, etc). I mean, I'm an adult and I struggle with it too. I applied for a promotion at work, and if I hadn't gotten it, I likely would've cried. I would've waited until I got out of work (hopefully), but still.

Hopefully, tomorrow or sometime down the line, these athletes will realize how proud they should be of themselves for getting to that stage and getting top 3/top 10/whatever. It's an amazing accomplishment - but it can take a while to gain that perspective.

d45965385ff124d2b0284577d3af31b7.gif

And with that, im going to bed.

When My team didn't get a worlds bid last year by .1 I was a bitter betty. I normally think of myself as better/more professional than that but the feeling of realizing that was it, my season was over, I was retired, and we didn't even make it to worlds was soul crushing.
I can totally understand being sour AF, but I would hope they would keep it between themselves and their friends and off twitter, that's where I draw the line.
me too I understand being disappointed but like you said I have no tolerance for putting it on social media

Back