All-Star Worlds 2017 Day 3 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can't believe Worlds is already over! Even though I didn't have live stream this year, I did enjoy so many unexpected wins this year. I love it when there are no clear winners. And of course, WCSS & BSB winning and CJA globing in Small Senior.

What exactly is this Nation's Cup thing I've been seeing?

Can't believe Worlds is already over! Even though I didn't have live stream this year, I did enjoy so many unexpected wins this year. I love it when there are no clear winners. And of course, WCSS & BSB winning and CJA globing in Small Senior.

What exactly is this Nation's Cup thing I've been seeing?
Top scoring team from each country in the international divisions in finals.

I disagree. I feel like determining the break by lesser deduction score places more of a focus on execution.
ill agree. Id hate to see a team being told hey you tied but the team who had 6 points vs. your 1 point in deductions had a higher raw so heres your fourth place.
id be super salty, if thats what usasf did to teams. Either way i find it unfair regardless of which way they decide to break the tie.

I disagree. I feel like determining the break by lesser deduction score places more of a focus on execution.

Fair enough. I still think it should go to the team that got higher scores from the panel. I don't have faith in the consistency of deduction judges to let them be the tie break instead of the panel/category judges.

Fair enough. I still think it should go to the team that got higher scores from the panel. I don't have faith in the consistency of deduction judges to let them be the tie break instead of the panel/category judges.
Interesting. Were there a lot of inconsistencies? I noticed some instances where the deductions were much higher than what cheeruodates reported but they seemed consistent within the division I thought... but I'll admit to not being all that good with numbers.

Was CJA the gym featured on that cheer show on CMT forever ago? If it was, I don't remember which worlds team it was but they were hoping to just break into the top 10. Seeing them globe in SS is pretty awesome!

Yes :)

ETA: The team featured was Team Gunz when they were in the SS division

Interesting. Were there a lot of inconsistencies? I noticed some instances where the deductions were much higher than what cheeruodates reported but they seemed consistent within the division I thought... but I'll admit to not being all that good with numbers.

That came out as more negative than intended. The panel judges' job is to differentiate between teams. Their opinion should determine it, IMO. The legality and deduction judges are looking at, in theory, individual skills/elements to see if they meet whatever criteria they use at that event that week. They are not comparing team to team.

Back