All-Star Worlds 2017 Day 3 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Here let's try this. Believe it or not Nfinity was my pick to win, so this shouldn't bother me as much as it does.
But SSX got a legality that cost them the globe, so I expect them to judge the same across the board for all teams.

Someone explain to me how this isn't a toss? She loads in a basket grip, releases, and lands in a cradle. I looked in the rules and it should be a toss by my interpretation of the rules and should require a spotter.
I'm hoping when scores get released they just had a score so high that the legality deduction didn't matter, but for some reason I doubt that.

I'm really confused by this. Where was the backspot? Was it the person that got injured so they just didn't realize that they shouldn't have thrown it?

Here let's try this. Believe it or not Nfinity was my pick to win, so this shouldn't bother me as much as it does.
But SSX got a legality that cost them the globe, so I expect them to judge the same across the board for all teams.

Someone explain to me how this isn't a toss? She loads in a basket grip, releases, and lands in a cradle. I looked in the rules and it should be a toss by my interpretation of the rules and should require a spotter.
I'm hoping when scores get released they just had a score so high that the legality deduction didn't matter, but for some reason I doubt that.

I interpret it as a failed release move from a load-in position. She didn't travel more than 12 (or 18, whatever the rule is) inches above the bases hands.

I would say due to height it would be classed as a release move, BUT it lands in a cradle so MUST follow the dismount/toss rules - therefore requires a spotter..

Popping in to respond to my tags. Thank you so much!!! What a thrill! I did video but it is far less entertaining aka embarrassing!
Medium senior was an insanely competitive division - congratulations to all the teams who made finals, because that itself was a huge accomplishment!

I would say due to height it would be classed as a release move, BUT it lands in a cradle so MUST follow the dismount/toss rules - therefore requires a spotter..
If a stunt has two people under it when it dismounts it only needs two catchers. Coed stunts with a spotter that cradles rarely have the spotter catching in the back.

Why didn't the girl in the back backspot? Also...was she on the floor just sitting and somehow fell?

If a stunt have two people under it when it dismounts it only needs two catchers. Coed stunts with a spotter that cradles rarely have the spotter catching in the back.
Untrue, in level 1-5 all dismounts must have 2 catchers & a spotter OR a single base and a spotter, hence why extended stunts will have someone standing by their side to catch as they are acting as the spotter, even for "duel" based stunts, one of the bases must have a spotter grip. As neither bases in the stunt above had a spotter grip (as they had basket hands) it is classed as a multi-based stunt therefore requires two catchers and a spotter...

If a stunt have two people under it when it dismounts it only needs two catchers. Coed stunts with a spotter that cradles rarely have the spotter catching in the back.
They are still considered a "spotter" though even though it's 2 people. In this instance they are both bases, not a base and a spotter. The basket grip part of it is what is throwing me off, because that is in the definition of a basket toss. But then there's the height thing in the release move section. My initial thought is that it should be illegal, but I really have no idea.

Back