All-Star Worlds 2017 Day 3 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's honestly quite depressing to see the state Platinum has been in the last few seasons, just down hill since 2014?

They were top contenders in the medium coed division... I'm guessing with the creation of Jade, they've placed all their UoL cheerleaders on their level 6 teams leaving Platinum to be the team with actual GymTyme-only cheerleaders.

GT Platinum was pretty good in 2015. IIRC they had the highest raw score in semi-finals, but had at least 2 SF in finals.

You can't honestly be mad at gymtyme for using high caliber athletes who are already in their area.

I'm honestly surprised more colleges don't do that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no I'm not mad, I'm just saying their success at worlds isn't related to GT's coaching. I think in recent years GT Louisville has fallen off and that UofL teams have been keeping the gyms name successful not GT themselves. Like without UofL I think we'd hear people talk about GT the same way we talk about ACE.

Platinum got 2nd at NCA last season and did pretty well at Cheersport, didn't they?

It's not Chrome/Gold/Jade but not terrible.
I forgot Platinum went small coed for a(two?) season, but I really loved them in medium back when one of the Love sisters was still on the team. This year was a serious struggle though... they looked rough at the beginning of the season, but they always do and look great by post-college NCA. So I was a little sad to see they struggled right up until Worlds.

I'm not sure whether Platinum is still made out of mostly super seniors who attend UoL, but if they are, I can imagine how exhausting it must be to have to keep up with college cheer and all-star cheer (a separate routine, unlike the level 6 teams who basically perform a very identical routine to their NCA college one). Could be an over exhaustion thing?

You can't honestly be mad at gymtyme for using high caliber athletes who are already in their area.

I'm honestly surprised more colleges don't do that too.
I'm not mad at all, I think it's brilliant from a gym's perspective. I just think it's too much for the athletes and I wish they had a choice to just be on the college teams. Kudos to all of them for being able to juggle both + academics though.

I forgot Platinum went small coed for a(two?) season, but I really loved them in medium back when one of the Love sisters was still on the team. This year was a serious struggle though... they looked rough at the beginning of the season, but they always do and look great by post-college NCA. So I was a little sad to see they struggled right up until Worlds.

I'm not sure whether Platinum is still made out of mostly super seniors who attend UoL, but if they are, I can imagine how exhausting it must be to have to keep up with college cheer and all-star cheer (a separate routine, unlike the level 6 teams who basically perform a very identical routine to their NCA college one). Could be an over exhaustion thing?

I'm not mad at all, I think it's brilliant from a gym's perspective. I just think it's too much for the athletes and I wish they had a choice to just be on the college teams. Kudos to all of them for being able to juggle both + academics though.
They do have a choice, at least I've known a couple people that have just done the college team.

Oh no I'm not mad, I'm just saying their success at worlds isn't related to GT's coaching. I think in recent years GT Louisville has fallen off and that UofL teams have been keeping the gyms name successful not GT themselves. Like without UofL I think we'd hear people talk about GT the same way we talk about ACE.
GT used to dominate Open 5 and Open Coed 5 too, I miss Black/Pink/Blink. Looks like everything is funneled into the level 6 teams now because of Louisville

GT Platinum was pretty good in 2015. IIRC they had the highest raw score in semi-finals, but had at least 2 SF in finals.
I guess saying they've gone downhill is a really unfair statement from me, I'll just put them in my "super talented by precarious" category. I hope they prove me wrong next season, because when they hit they really serve a solid routine.

This.

And don't forget, UoL attracts some of the best cheerleaders in the nation. It's like Cali Smoed (and I guess TGLC and other big name teams that accept out of state tryouts annually) on steroids. Again, nothing wrong with that... but it's how GymTyme is perceived as an all-star gym like Cheer Athletics or Stingrays where they really bring up their athletes step by step from tiny to open.

They do have a choice, at least I've known a couple people that have just done the college team.
They do? Didn't someone on the boards say it was basically contracted that they had to both (Skitz TV period)? If they don't, then that's great news to me...

Sidenote: I feel like Navarro and TVCC do the same with Cheer Athletics and Spirit talent that Gymtyme does with UL.

It's working smart and not harder.
I think the difference is Cheer Athletic and Spirit of Texas international open routines aren't almost carbon copies of Navarro and TVCC's NCA routines. Then again, I don't believe these all-star gyms are directly affiliated with these colleges anyway?

GymTyme definitely had the upper hand because they basically have the same members on the same teams, so they're able to just replicate what they do on hard floor on a spring floor.

Interesting fact that I just thought about since this discussion came up quite a few times throughout the season. Both small senior division winners won with 19 on the floor and 4 stunt groups.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Didn't CU leave the boards to start CU because of hire got banned? Or did I make that up lol

He tweets things like that all the time.
And like, I get what he does it stressful and tiresome or whatever but it's his job, a job he made for himself. AFAIK being CU is the full time gig for him, so I kinda think he should suck it up. We all have rough work weeks but that doesn't excuse us acting the way he acts sometimes. Idk why when he claps back at teenagers on twitter we all just write it off as "NCA is a stressful week for him"
We don't excuse other adults acting similarly by saying they had a rough week at work.
As a parent... of a girl who survived middle school ;)... don't get me started!

Back