All-Star Worlds 2017 Day 3 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Random worlds question here! My friend's sister is on ECE M5 Bombshells and they keep announcing they're from Texas when they have gyms in MA and CT. Has this been an occurrence with any other teams?

I wish there were two accounts/entities/sources. One being purely informational with no slant at all (scores, educated deduction guesses, rankings). Another with all the opinion, editorial content, shade, commentary, predictions, etc you want.

Totally agree, I go to CU for updates, not your opinion/personality on teams. There are tons of people that do social media for a living who have a separate personal account, why can't he?

My guess (purely conjecture) is that his personal account wouldn't have as many followers so it wouldn't get retweeted/liked as much so he leaves it on CU. But again that's just a guess.

Edit: Should have finished the thread before commenting! I agree with @Eyes On The Prize

GT used to dominate Open 5 and Open Coed 5 too, I miss Black/Pink/Blink. Looks like everything is funneled into the level 6 teams now because of Louisville

Wasn't black and pink mostly people from Louisville though? I know a girl who did GT Pink and Louisville All Girl at the same time.

I am not affiliated with GT/UofL so this is just what I've heard.

But I heard if you compete at nationals with Louisville you are expected to compete at worlds with GT. I heard that each team has multiple groups that are alternates for nationals and they compete at GT as well.
In the past Golden Girls, Chrome, Pink, and Black were made up of Louisville athletes with freshman that could super senioring on Platinum/Rouge etc. After the teams were formed GT would fill in the holes with athletes from the Louisville area who weren't from UofL or younger GT athletes. Part of Black/Pink not being a thing, I would imagine, is because last year the Louisville kids went into Jade so there were fewer left over to form Black/Pink.

But thats all an educated guess based on what the 3 people I know who cheered at Louisville told me lol so take this with a large grain of salt.

I doubt it's hard to convince athletes who cheer for UofL to do both. Doesnt misty?coach most of the gymtyme level 6 teams plus coach UofL all girl? And considering they basically compete the same routine twice I doubt they practice any more then any other team does.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see a lot of the gymtyme teams level 6 wise travel as much as others. They do nca, cheersport and worlds. And maybe a few small local ones.
I think it's smart if you can pull it off. I can't think of a ton of other programs doing this. It probably has a lot to do with location of the college and the all-star gym. Maybe UCF and top gun orlando could pull it off. But I can't think of too many others.

I doubt it's hard to convince athletes who cheer for UofL to do both. Doesnt misty?coach most of the gymtyme level 6 teams plus coach UofL all girl? And considering they basically compete the same routine twice I doubt they practice any more then any other team does.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see a lot of the gymtyme teams level 6 wise travel as much as others. They do nca, cheersport and worlds. And maybe a few small local ones.
I think it's smart if you can pull it off. I can't think of a ton of other programs doing this. It probably has a lot to do with location of the college and the all-star gym. Maybe UCF and top gun orlando could pull it off. But I can't think of too many others.

I'm still holding out hope my alma mater in STL will do this one day. I think it would be beneficial to STL allstar and collegiate cheerleading.

I don't think UCA allows athletes to compete both or maybe that is just a UK rule. I always wanted UK to have that relationship with Kentucky Elite to pull that off.

But who is exactly expecting that? I think its pushed for but not expected? You really don't see that many straight legs anymore, and this worlds we barely saw scorps period.

While I like the look of a needle, I like the look of a nice scorpion too. That nice tear drop. It gives a different look in the air. I get pulling a needle shows great flexibility, but I personally like pretty scorps all in a row.

I don't think UCA allows athletes to compete both or maybe that is just a UK rule. I always wanted UK to have that relationship with Kentucky Elite to pull that off.
It's definitely just a UK thing, because Rays has a number of UWG athletes on their open teams. I'm pretty sure Electric and Rust had to re-work some parts of their routine after the roster for Team U.S.A. was announced, because a number of Electric and Rust members couldn't continue practicing with Rays two weeks before Worlds when Team U.S.A. practices begun. If it was just one or two athletes it's fine, but not having up to four or more members would mean not being able to practice the pyramid for two weeks going into Worlds.

Back