All-Star Worlds 2018 Updates - Day 3 (monday, Finals)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Honestly, there are very few teams/divisions who are going to actually "celebrate" 2nd place. At least when it's like this no one can complain that the winning team is celebrating too early and the 2nd place team doesn't have to fake jumping up and down lol

I know teams that celebrate 3rd, especially if it's their first time globing. Second must hurt though, especially with the point margins nowadays.

Honestly, there are very few teams/divisions who are going to actually "celebrate" 2nd place. At least when it's like this no one can complain that the winning team is celebrating too early and the 2nd place team doesn't have to fake jumping up and down lol

that was my thinking.

I know teams that celebrate 3rd, especially if it's their first time globing. Second must hurt though, especially with the point margins nowadays.

Personally I would celebrate 2nd haha but when it's a team like Generals, 2nd is not what they're going to be happy about. Particularly when they were in 1st yesterday.

I mostly agree, but I'll be mad if we get a Cinderella team that doesn't get to jump around in happiness like they normally would.

On reactions to getting second: psychologically, unless you weren't expecting to be there, second is a lot worse than third. When you get third, you think "wow, we almost didn't medal. This is great!" Whereas when you get second, you think about how you ALMOST won.

I try not to get too upset about a less than enthusiastic reaction to second, especially from teams that have won before. They're still kids. They put their heart and soul into this. They're allowed to be disappointed in the moment.

Now, going on social media and bashing the team that beat you? That's a bad look. Vent privately. Realize that your hard work is still amazing and just getting to this point is something you should be incredibly proud of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back