Worlds 2019 Day 3

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by Sterling von Shimmer, Apr 29, 2019.

1. CLynn

CLynn I named my pet Sir Fierce-a-lot

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Cant imagine why you’d think not being able to showcase the absolute best in cheer would hurt the sport ;) I can understand a grace period for no posting but would hope they could be posted after that time period. And the whole no volume thing, the reason I’ve heard is music producer rights etc but do we know that music producers actually are concerned with airing these mixes? Aren’t most on sound cloud or elsewhere in the universe anyway?

2. carolinagirl823

carolinagirl823 I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I know I am late to the party but this is so important and I am glad you said it. I agree 100% with this. People are always going to find a reason to complain unfortunately.

3. kayemm

kayemm I nugget in the back

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I’ve only seen about two routines from Worlds. I didn’t buy Flocheer as with time difference and being busy it wasn’t worth it for the live feed and I don’t want to watch the routines on demand with no music. It’s totally killed my Worlds buzz this year not being able to find videos posted elsewhere. I get that they don’t want people recording and posting the feed, but people who are actually at the venues should be able to post videos freely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. icequeen

icequeen Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan

There are plenty of videos on YouTube with audio

5. dat.jpp

dat.jpp Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Will USASF upload on there youtube channel this year? Just wait til June to see the videos. Such a long wait though

6. FloridaFlya

FloridaFlya When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    In our sport a majority of gyms have tryouts in May. People can join gyms late of course but it doesn't help to show worlds videos to potential newcomers in June after tryouts were held in May. It could be discouraging for some to try out late.

There just should not be any issues with videos. I agree with the grace period while the event is going on, that is sensible! What isn't sensible is saying that I cannot record and upload a video of my cousins team to show to the rest of my family without fear of retaliation from flocheer.

ETA: While it may be easier to find big names such as Senior Elite, Smoed, Steel, etc... It isn't as easy to find other teams. I would love to see Recon after seeing what the athletes are saying about an undeserved placement. I'd also love to see the other XS teams that essentially upset predictions because that division went harder at worlds than I imagined!

One more thing I can add is I have a flocheer account myself but it doesn't make me feel the video rules are any less problematic. I remember watching team gunz BSB and midnight in finals saying holy cow their ENERGY! But I don't feel that same energy rewatching a silent video.

7. UCFKnights07

UCFKnights07 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    i have been able to find a lot of worlds videos on youtube so far.....

although i hate the no music, cheer videos arent the only ones being affected by that problem on youtube, many vloggers i follow no longer use music in their vids due to the fear of copyright problems. It isnt just affecting cheer videos, its affecting anyone who uploads a video on youtube at this point.

8. FloridaFlya

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I've yet to find WE Recon, CJA Team Gunz/Bombshells, Star Athletics Sr Red, KC Cheer fierce 5, NJSE Fab 5 & plenty more I've been hoping to see. If anybody can PM me links or such I would appreciate it! I guess I'm just having trouble finding these on youtube.

9. AshleyErin

AshleyErin I Fierce Board instead of work/study Bracket Winner

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    For some reason I can't PM you (it says I can't view your profile), but I know where you can find a video of WE Recon

10. FloridaFlya

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    As soon as I am done traveling I will figure that out and PM you! Thank you!