All-Star Worlds 2022

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I can’t get past Prodigy sitting on that WE athlete’s eligibility and waiting til Worlds to use it as a method of revenge. It just taints everything PA does now.
I agree. It's not like they could have reported them any earlier, since it's only a rule at Worlds, and they didn't do anything illegal until she actually competed. I just don't know.
Here's the thing, I would've done the same thing. I know I would have. I'm going to hazard a guess that most of us would have. Not even taking into account that WE refused to release an athlete to Prodigy, which is a different animal.
If I competed against someone with an illegal athlete (it doesn't matter why they are illegal), I would've reported them. You can only report them after they compete (they're not illegal until that point).
Now, I hate this rule. I've hated it since the beginning, however many years ago. It opens the door to pettiness. It's asking people to be petty. WE was petty when they refused to release. Prodigy was petty when they reported the unreleased athlete. The rule itself is petty. But, it's the rule. If you are a worlds athlete, coach, gym owner, parent....you KNOW the rule. There is absolutely no excuse for not even attempting to get a release.
I feel bad for the kids.

Here's the thing, I would've done the same thing. I know I would have. I'm going to hazard a guess that most of us would have. Not even taking into account that WE refused to release an athlete to Prodigy, which is a different animal.
If I competed against someone with an illegal athlete (it doesn't matter why they are illegal), I would've reported them. You can only report them after they compete (they're not illegal until that point).
Now, I hate this rule. I've hated it since the beginning, however many years ago. It opens the door to pettiness. It's asking people to be petty. WE was petty when they refused to release. Prodigy was petty when they reported the unreleased athlete. The rule itself is petty. But, it's the rule. If you are a worlds athlete, coach, gym owner, parent....you KNOW the rule. There is absolutely no excuse for not even attempting to get a release.
I feel bad for the kids.
I agree that there wasn't anything illegal until she competed, and I think they obviously did the right thing by reporting someone who competed illegally. But, idk, there's just something about it for me between it affecting one athlete, well before the competition and it affecting the entire team after they have all already traveled there, paid their way, and competed. I think that's why I'm conflicted, I definitely see it both ways. But 100% agree that the rule is stupid. But there really wasn't any other way to handle it. Just sucks for the kids.

I agree that there wasn't anything illegal until she competed, and I think they obviously did the right thing by reporting someone who competed illegally. But, idk, there's just something about it for me between it affecting one athlete, well before the competition and it affecting the entire team after they have all already traveled there, paid their way, and competed. I think that's why I'm conflicted, I definitely see it both ways. But 100% agree that the rule is stupid. But there really wasn't any other way to handle it. Just sucks for the kids.
I think my thing is, it's not PA's responsibility to tell Woodlands she still hasn't been released. WE should have done their due diligence to get the athlete released and know whether or not she had been, which they've said themselves. I totally get both sides of it as well though

I feel bad for the kids.

Can you believe it's been ELEVEN years since Free Jay?

I think my thing is, it's not PA's responsibility to tell Woodlands she still hasn't been released. WE should have done their due diligence to get the athlete released and know whether or not she had been, which they've said themselves. I totally get both sides of it as well though
Totally agree.

I feel bad for the kids.
i thought i read somewhere that usasf said it was fine for them to compete. Maybe that was just a rumor and not fact, but if usasf did say it was fine. then back tracked because the team decided to announce they actually hadnt released the athlete.. then why the heck does usasf make such ridiculous rulings on things, and go oops not our fault.... again if that was just a rumor of usasf making that promise, then.... i blame everyone involved, cause all parties would be at fault at that point. if they knew the athlete was competing on said team without a release, there is no way in my head i would be like well shes competing on the team, but they must know to pull her before worlds?!?!? we just wont give the courtesy to the gym or athlete to remind them that we havent released them. But maybe its the culture that goes on within the gym, to not have the professionalism to make sure all parties are notified... idk
or maybe all parties were notified and it somehow slipped through the cracks, who knows

I agree. It's not like they could have reported them any earlier, since it's only a rule at Worlds, and they didn't do anything illegal until she actually competed. I just don't know.
IMO they should’ve been adults and had a face to face talk with woodlands elite. They could’ve at least requested or suggested they find a replacement because that specific athlete was ineligible

Or.. how about this… release the athlete? Like seriously.

Back