All-Star Worlds 2022

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Am I off base in thinking that an athlete should just be considered free to compete unless they owe you money or something? (Which they really shouldn’t owe anything because anything they agreed to pay is probably paid for by this point.)

I don’t understand the need for an actual release form signed.

It just opens the door to too much petty.
It started as a way of protecting teams from kids jumping ship to a "better" worlds team during the season. They cannot compete at Worlds without a release. They can compete everywhere and anywhere else, but not worlds. If they take the floor at worlds, they are an illegal athlete. There is no rule as to the release being given. It is strictly up to the original gym whether or not they will release the athlete.

Am I off base in thinking that an athlete should just be considered free to compete unless they owe you money or something? (Which they really shouldn’t owe anything because anything they agreed to pay is probably paid for by this point.)

It just opens the door to too much petty.
I think some part of the rule protects teams from losing important members of a worlds team mid season or right before worlds. I am conflicted- I do believe people should be able to cheer where they want but in most cases I think that should be restricted to after the season. I understand in this case it was fairly early on but without the release would athletes be able to leave at any time during the season? What if you have people leaving teams the month of worlds etc. I don't understand why when this athlete came over they didn't first say we need your release-we will reach out to your old gym. Sad for the kids.

Back