All-Star Worlds 2023

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I totally understand why they call 1st first. They want to see the exhilaration of the winner more than the disappointment of the 2nd place team (as well as the 1st place team trying to hold in how excited they are). The 2nd place team “gets their moment” afterwards on the podium. When you just miss out on winning, the last thing you tend to care about is what specific time the announcer says your name, it’s just not a big deal. But others may feel differently.

They should at least say the 2 team names before announcing the top 2 placements though, just so both teams get that moment of acknowledgement for being top 2.

So Cheer Updates and others say Gymtyme Fever had a building bobble and a pyramid bobble. Yet they have 0 deductions. So who was right? They also mentioned a pyramid bobble for Twist & Shout Diamonds that wasn’t deducted for either. So what exactly is a “bobble” and who is right, Cheer Updates or the judges?

The scores of the top teams in XS Coed are so close that it’s pretty crucial everyone’s on the same page as to what a deduction-worthy bobble is.

I wouldn't take what CheerUpdates says as gospel. While they're correct a lot of the time, they're just a spectator at the end of the day; they're just tweeting out what they see and they can and do miss things from time to time. They said that Anarchy hit but they had a athlete bust on their standing tumbling plus a standing tumbling omission (though that isn't a deduction necessarily, they do tend to call it out when they see it). There are other examples from today but that's just the freshest in my mind.

CheerUpdates is not a judge, so trust the scoresheets when (or if) they're released.

yeah CU can be wrong… frequently. That being said fever most definitely had a building bobble. At least that would’ve been counted as a bobble in other divisions for sure. PYR bobble was reaching for sure but i personally would’ve called the middle elite stunt a bobble. CU isn’t an expert but he does catch a majority of the mistakes.

i just always assume the teams that go at the very end of the day are going to be scored wrong or have stuff missed. It sucks but that’s just always what i assume lol. Looks like XSC had some nicer judges when it came to bobbles.

I know things can get missed while spectating and there are things that are apparent and don't get called, but CU has been very inaccurate. There are others that have been more accurate (and not as snarky when people try to correct/question things)

Checking in for day four.

Excited to actually be able to watch today.

Only bummer is I’m at a work training at another school in the district so I can watch while working on things but it has to be with my earbuds in & I cannot make noises. As opposed to when I was watching at home last year and working remotely (sick kiddo) and could run screaming through the entire bottom floor of my house if I wanted to.

That’s going to be a problem because I feel like today is going to be a run screaming type of results day.

I’m sure it has to do with money, but I hate the Monday finish. Wish the competition would run Thu-Sun. All the International Level 5 and Non-Tumbling-whatever should go early in the week, and then the rest of the Finals should be Sat and Sun when most people aren’t distracted by work/school.

It also puts coaches of Summit teams in a difficult spot of not really having enough time to fly home between Worlds & Summit- some do, but it’s kind of ridiculous to fly home Tues when you have to fly right back out to Florida and I’m sure plenty of gyms can’t afford/justify the expense.

Right now we can work from any space in a large common area/cafeteria, because we are just kind of watching a training speaker via zoom.

I definitely just picked up all my stuff and moved to a back corner because I need QUIET for this (can watch on low volume) and I don’t want to have side convos.

No, I don’t want to talk about this riveting new LMS system Phyllis or how annoyed you are with the new copier in the main office I am too anxious please.

Back