All-Star Worlds 2023

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sooo, no gold for neither ca nor stingrays?? 😳

Nope but I give Stingrays a lot of credit for not entering the NT divisions. They produce well-rounded teams and that to me is more important than winning every year. All these U18-NT & Level 5 divisions are a joke (sorry Canada). So many World Champions for routines that aren’t World Champion worthy while excellent gyms like Stingrays and Cheer Athletics get asked “what’s wrong” if they don’t win any gold.

Nope but I give Stingrays a lot of credit for not entering the NT divisions. They produce well-rounded teams and that to me is more important than winning every year. All these U18-NT & Level 5 divisions are a joke (sorry Canada). So many World Champions for routines that aren’t World Champion worthy while excellent gyms like Stingrays and Cheer Athletics get asked “what’s wrong” if they don’t win any gold.
Bloop.

Would not have predicted steel in third! I don’t think anyone would have. the silence when third place was announced was insane.

Not gonna get into the nt/L5 debate since I'm international and understand the importance of those divisions and appreciate iasf for their work to better the international community. Just wanted to say I'm in no way putting ca/rays down, they're still power houses with several globes, which is amazing! Just unusual to not have any of them take home a gold with the amount of teams they have.

Steel had 6 points in deductions

ETA: Cheetahs actually had the fewest deductions in the division, TGLC had 4 points

Not gonna get into the nt/L5 debate since I'm international and understand the importance of those divisions and appreciate iasf for their work to better the international community. Just wanted to say I'm in no way putting ca/rays down, they're still power houses with several globes, which is amazing! Just unusual to not have any of them take home a gold with the amount of teams they have.

Didn’t mean to direct my comment at you. People in general are saying “Stingrays flopped” for losing to tough competition and not winning one gold. Meanwhile others are becoming “World Champions” with much less. The excess number of divisions has made people less appreciative of globing/medaling and more obsessed with “winning only”.

I wish someone would tell the announcers how to pronounce Archangel. It’s a hard K sound not the ch sound. Unless the team pronounces it like that and everyone is saying it wrong…

Back