All-Star Worlds Bid Competitions With No Competition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 25, 2010
Rant:

I am frustrated to look at a competition performance order for this weekend where there are 6 Worlds bids (2 paid and 4 at large) and only 7 total worlds teams competing...

I realize that every competition company has different numbers every season and you can't predict who will be coming, so you have to go off of last year's numbers.

However, this competition has never been attended by a very high number of teams, including level 5/6 worlds eligible teams.

In my opinion, there's got to be a better system to ensure that the max number of bids are going where the max number of teams are going to be competing.

Without ruffling any feathers (I hope), I guess I just wanted to vent a bit. In a world where worlds bids are supposed to be very difficult to come by, it's frustrating for me to see that.

Do you know what this particular comps attendance was like last season? Also do you know how many previous years attendance levels they use to determine the number of bids available in a current season?

**CP's World Diet started today. Wonder what he can eat for $2/day**

Rant:

I am frustrated to look at a competition performance order for this weekend where there are 6 Worlds bids (2 paid and 4 at large) and only 7 total worlds teams competing...

I realize that every competition company has different numbers every season and you can't predict who will be coming, so you have to go off of last year's numbers.

However, this competition has never been attended by a very high number of teams, including level 5/6 worlds eligible teams.

In my opinion, there's got to be a better system to ensure that the max number of bids are going where the max number of teams are going to be competing.

Without ruffling any feathers (I hope), I guess I just wanted to vent a bit. In a world where worlds bids are supposed to be very difficult to come by, it's frustrating for me to see that.
Is it an american competition?

Cp's gym attended that competition last season and there were ample Worlds teams for the bids. The year or two before that though it was the same situation as you are describing.

Rant:

Would love to know which comp if you care to share or pm me????

The comp in Richmond, VA this weekend. Cheer & Dance Extreme, Mid-Atlantic Open.
3b83f3ddb55a8e4f7c6073301b3bcde0.jpg

This one? There certainly isn't a lot of worlds team, but there's certainly more than 7 total teams competing for a bid even after you subtract teams that already have paid and AL

There's another competition in Alabama giving out 2 paid and 4 AL. How many teams are competing there? I've seen no coverage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3b83f3ddb55a8e4f7c6073301b3bcde0.jpg

This one? There certainly isn't a lot of worlds team, but there's certainly more than 7 total teams competing for a bid even after you subtract teams that already have paid and AL

There's another competition in Alabama giving out 2 paid and 4 AL. How many teams are competing there? I've seen no coverage

I believe it's the one in Alabama that only has 7 worlds teams. Cheerupdates was covering it, but I think just those teams so there wasn't too much about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I believe it's the one in Alabama that only has 7 worlds teams. Cheerupdates was covering it, but I think just those teams so there wasn't too much about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Welp it looks like athlete registration was only $105.

In the future more gyms should probably look into sliding on over into Alabama for that competition

Didn't one year in Dallas they had xtra AL bids due to gyms only wanting FP? Also the comps in April usually only get a handful of teams that don't have bids already. I think it was discussed there should b a minimum score a team should need to get a bid. Comps don't know the turnout they will get when number of bids are decided upon.

Didn't one year in Dallas they had xtra AL bids due to gyms only wanting FP? Also the comps in April usually only get a handful of teams that don't have bids already. I think it was discussed there should b a minimum score a team should need to get a bid. Comps don't know the turnout they will get when number of bids are decided upon.

Yep that happened at NCA a few years ago, it also routinely happened at comps in April where there were more bids than teams needing them. I think it was less of an issue towards the end of last year since they drastically reduced the overall number of at-large bids, but I am all for a minimum score being needed to get a bid.

Back