All-Star Worlds Bid Solution...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We'll be publishing a proposal to change Worlds bids in about a week. It won't matter which score sheet is used and can fund the USASF without having a million At Large bids. yojaehs and kingston have seen it and seem to think it has some legitimate potential.
K Andre, this question is for you because I clearly don't have a kid on a lv 5 and you'll answer my question without flaming me for not already knowing.

That being said, how does scoring at worlds work? Does day 1 just qualify you for finals and everyone starts from ground zero from there, or does the preliminary score have any bearing on the final? If that's the case, what about all the Saturday "play in" performances? Will those just get you to Saturday so you start over on an even field with the partial and paid bids?

It's an honest question, I honestly don't know because we've never been part of a gym that's ever qualified (this is a first) for worlds. My biological kids aren't lv 5 but those kids on blue angels ARE my kids whether we're related or not and I'm curious how scoring works for them.

K Andre, this question is for you because I clearly don't have a kid on a lv 5 and you'll answer my question without flaming me for not already knowing.

That being said, how does scoring at worlds work? Does day 1 just qualify you for finals and everyone starts from ground zero from there, or does the preliminary score have any bearing on the final? If that's the case, what about all the Saturday "play in" performances? Will those just get you to Saturday so you start over on an even field with the partial and paid bids?

It's an honest question, I honestly don't know because we've never been part of a gym that's ever qualified (this is a first) for worlds. My biological kids aren't lv 5 but those kids on blue angels ARE my kids whether we're related or not and I'm curious how scoring works for them.

Scores do not carry over from day to day, but they determine performance order. The highest scoring team on Saturday will go last in their division on Sunday.

Scores do not carry over from day to day, but they determine performance order. The highest scoring team on Saturday will go last in their division on Sunday.
I'm amazed....finally something works like I think it should :) thanks!

We're now waiting until Wednesday. There were a couple things brought up this weekend that need to be addressed.

We'll be publishing a proposal to change Worlds bids in about a week. It won't matter which score sheet is used and can fund the USASF without having a million At Large bids. yojaehs and kingston have seen it and seem to think it has some legitimate potential.
Can I just say that (if I could, in my pregnant state), I'd be jumping up to click my heels and yell "woo hoo!" for this!!!

I don't understand what the problem is? To me the issue has already been fixed! Only 10 teams from pre-lim will go to semi-finals as opposed to half and then semi-finals will cut again! If you don't want to see those teams, don't go to pre-lims, don't go to semi-finals! Not to mention, who's to say that a team that looked weak earlier in the season has not gotten stronger? I just saw a team not to long ago(won't give a time frame) that was ehn most of the season, but was like WOW when I last saw them...My thought was they've beefed up and may turn out to be a problem for some of these so called top teams! I've seen teams w/paid bids that have not been consistent from day 1, but they got a paid bid!

Would any of you had told the Super Bowl champion NY Giants that they shouldn't go to the playoffs because they barely broke 500 on thier season? Most of these teams you are alluding to, pretty much know that they are basically at Disney as a cinderella team that has been given an opportunity to take a shot at the quote on quote better teams! The money is not coming out of your pocket, let these teams dream and spend thier money, lol!:cheering:

Back