All-Star Worlds Bids 2011-12

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I

imrichhowboutu

World's Bids are starting to be posted already. Some interesting things...

GSSA in Cali is now giving out 2 paid and 8 at large (Last year they only had 1 paid, 3 AL)

ACA in TX only has 4 at large now (last year they had 2 full and 6 AL)

ECC in VA is down to 1 Paid and 3 AL (from 2 and 6)

Spirit Sports Duel in the Desert is up to 3 Full and 12 AL (up from 2 and 6 last year)

NCA is up to 7 Paid and 21 Al (from 6 and 18 last year)

Mid Atlantic is at 2 paid and 8 AL (from 2 paid and 6 AL last year)

USA in Cali is at 1 Paid, 1 Partial and 2 AL (from 1 paid and 3 AL)

Cheer power has the same number of bids (2 paid and 6 AL) but has moved their location to OH)

Wow, this is not good at all for Texas/Oklahoma Teams.

Last year there were the following teams that I felt deserved a full paid bid (most of them placed in the top 3 at Worlds)

Champion Cheer - Small Senior
Cheer Athletics - Cheetahs
Cheer Athletics - Fierce Cats
Cheer Athletics - Panthers
Cheer Athletics - Wildcats
Spirit of Texas - International Open Coed 5
Spirit of Texas - Small Coed
Texas Lonestar - Small Coed
Texas Lonestar - Small Senior
Tribe - Chiefs
Twist and Shout - Small Coed
University Cheer - Small Coed
Woodlands Elite - Large Senior

Last year, the full paid bids in our region (not including NCA because all 6 full paid bids were given to teams not in our region)

Spirit Celebration - 2
ACA - 2
Cheer Power -2
Cheer America - 2

so thats a total of 8 regional bids for 13 AMAZING level 5 teams, 9 of which placed in the top 3 at Worlds.

For This year, I would imagine the number would match up pretty close, if not worse

All-Star Revolution - Small Coed
Champion Cheer - Small Senior
Cheer Athletics - Cheetahs
Cheer Athletics - Fierce Cats
Cheer Athletics - Open All-Girl 6
Cheer Athletics - Panthers
Cheer Athletics - Wildcats
Spirit of Texas - International Open All-Girl 5
Spirit of Texas - International Open Coed 5
Spirit of Texas - Small Coed
Texas Lonestar - Medium Senior
Tribe - Chiefs - Medium Coed
Twist and Shout - Medium Coed
Woodlands Elite - Senior All-Girl

This year, the full paid bids in our Region will be

Spirit Celebration - 2
Cheer America - 2

So that's 4 full paid bids for 15 teams!! This is one reason why I wish we lived in the East Coast.

looks like I've got some coaching to do!!

Ja-Mez

Wow, this is not good at all for Texas/Oklahoma Teams.

Last year there were the following teams that I felt deserved a full paid bid (most of them placed in the top 3 at Worlds)

*Large Limited

University Cheer - Small Coed
*Didnt go to worlds for other reasons

so thats a total of 8 regional bids for 13 AMAZING level 5 teams, 9 of which placed in the top 3 at Worlds.

For This year, I would imagine the number would match up pretty close, if not worse

Texas Lonestar - Medium Senior

*Not close lol

Texas may have 15 great teams, but where bids go isn't based just off of that. It is about the total number of teams at a competition, and how many bids are given out in that area. So there are 15 teams in your area that are level 5. (Lets round up to 25 for those other level 5s not from a big gym).

So 25 level 5s, and 11 paid bids. (You have to count NCA because of their location regardless of who they went to). That is roughly half. And i think that is perfectly fine.

The small state of NJ has close to 20 teams that are bid eligible alone and are much closer together.

Xtreme Spirit Championships is giving 1 Full Paid (Cheer), 2 At Large (Cheer), 1 Partial Paid (Dance) and 2 At Large (Dance) at the Kalahari Indoor Waterpark Resort in Wisconsin! December 17-18, 2011

Wow, last year there were 2 full paid and 6 at large awarded at the Xtreme Spirit competition at the Kalahari. Why the decrease?

Wow, last year there were 2 full paid and 6 at large awarded at the Xtreme Spirit competition at the Kalahari. Why the decrease?
They also only had like 7 level 1-4 teams at this competition.

I know that the bid committee (that's what I am calling it, not sure what it actually is) looks at the past 3 years i believe.

Ok, If the "world's logo" on the CheerSport Nationals page says "Partial paid bid qualifier" does that mean they are not giving ANY full paid bids this year??? http://www.cheersport.net/worlds.asp
Does anyone know if it said that last year. But the nice thing about partials is that they were able to award them to like 20 teams!

Ok, If the "world's logo" on the CheerSport Nationals page says "Partial paid bid qualifier" does that mean they are not giving ANY full paid bids this year??? http://www.cheersport.net/worlds.asp

As far as I know, they're still Tier 1, so they'll have paids again. I believe they hand out Partials in dance.

They also only had like 7 level 1-4 teams at this competition.

I know that the bid committee (that's what I am calling it, not sure what it actually is) looks at the past 3 years i believe.

Does anyone know if it said that last year. But the nice thing about partials is that they were able to award them to like 20 teams!

This was said on a different page:
At the 2012 CHEERSPORT Nationals, an unprecedented and unequalled 32 bids will be offered to the 2012 USASF Worlds. No other Nationals can offer so many opportunities for your team to receive a bid to the Worlds... or this level of competition to prepare your team to compete at the Worlds. Click here for more information about CHEERSPORT Worlds Bids.

This was said on a different page:
At the 2012 CHEERSPORT Nationals, an unprecedented and unequalled 32 bids will be offered to the 2012 USASF Worlds. No other Nationals can offer so many opportunities for your team to receive a bid to the Worlds... or this level of competition to prepare your team to compete at the Worlds. Click here for more information about CHEERSPORT Worlds Bids.
That would be 8 Paid bids and 24 at large bids. (You get 3 at large bids for every full paid)

Maybe Texas gyms will have to travel more now?

To me, this is kind of a toss up. Assuming the Texas teams capture the at-large bids offered around here, do you spend the money to go after a paid bid? Or just save it and put it towards paying for Worlds?

Back