All-Star Worlds Event Schedule & Performance Order

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It starts at 7:45, the sun will almost completely be down at that point. I wear a sweatshirt or long sleeve shirt at night at worlds a lot. If teams can compete on the bandshell under direct sunlight in Daytona, I'm sure these teams can handle a 2.5 minute performance when the sun is mostly down and the temperature has cooled a bit.
Sunset is around 8 pm. So depending on whether there are any buildings around/what direction the floor has, it might be difficult during Large Coed for either the athletes or the spectators. Large Senior shouldn't have any problems though.

Sunset is around 8 pm. So depending on whether there are any buildings around/what direction the floor has, it might be difficult during Large Coed for either the athletes or the spectators. Large Senior shouldn't have any problems though.
The sun will definitely be down before 8. Or if it's not down completely, it will not be bright enough at that point to obstruct anyone's view.

Looking at google maps at Champion Stadium, and knowing that the sun sets in the West, it looks like the building will block the setting sun.

Reading this it says "announcing teams advancing in large senior level 5 semi-finals - 9:30am"... Does this mean that not all 8 teams are going to finals or are they just going to be announcing standings?

Reading this it says "announcing teams advancing in large senior level 5 semi-finals - 9:30am"... Does this mean that not all 8 teams are going to finals or are they just going to be announcing standings?
i think they all do. its top 10 i believe. that announcement will probably just state the order

It starts at 7:45, the sun will almost completely be down at that point. I wear a sweatshirt or long sleeve shirt at night at worlds a lot. If teams can compete on the bandshell under direct sunlight in Daytona, I'm sure these teams can handle a 2.5 minute performance when the sun is mostly down and the temperature has cooled a bit.
Yeah, I'm just always hot so I wouldn't be happy but I'm sure must will be fine.

I'm super curious to just see the logistics of having a competition at Champions Stadium. Will they actually build a competition floor on top of home plate? We won't be able to get as close as we can in the Milkhouse, but given the inevitability of overcrowding there I'm glad they've made some attempt to fix it. I would think comparing the number of published seats in each venue is misleading. Many seats are lost in the Milkhouse and many more at the baseball will be behind the competition floor unless they build it in the outfield. I wonder when you eliminate all the seats along the 1st and 3rd base lines how many net seats are actually gained.

And I just checked Wikipedia and the stadium used to be the Cracker Jack Stadium. Can we use that from now on? :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I think the big downside to the baseball field is that it's not going to be as personal as the Milkhouse, which is one of its big positives.

It won't be a big deal to have a floor on the baseball field. Jamfest has been doing it at the minor league field in Louisville for years.

The Fierce Board: If you're gonna be talked about, shouldn't you at least be here to defend yourself?

It won't be a big deal to have a floor on the baseball field. Jamfest has been doing it at the minor league field in Louisville for years.

The Fierce Board: If you're gonna be talked about, shouldn't you at least be here to defend yourself?

Jumping in, but this competition has actually moved inside for the past two years and I believe will stay inside.

As a coach, the logistics of the baseball field were a nightmare... Parents, spectators, and judges were far away from the stage and weather was always unpredictable. Interesting concept, but never worked out well and got moved inside (and has done much better).

I'm really hoping a decent crowd stays till Monday to watch these two divisions (I think it will draw quite a few people who normally might not consider staying the Monday). They're clearly using the baseball field because of the extra seating, so it'd be nice to see a majority of those seats filled!

I'm really hoping a decent crowd stays till Monday to watch these two divisions (I think it will draw quite a few people who normally might not consider staying the Monday). They're clearly using the baseball field because of the extra seating, so it'd be nice to see a majority of those seats filled!
It will be interesting to see how busy it is on Monday this year. Last year my CP and I went back and forth between the venues all day and I had nearly an entire section to myself in the field house and my CP was front row for all of small senior finals and she was in priority for Wildcats and Black (she didn't really belong there but the security guy saw her trying to stay back but jumping out of her skin and told her to go up - dream come true for her but that never could have happened with a "normal" worlds crowd - it was only because the venue was barely half full). We were two of about a dozen people in Jostens to watch Team Jamaica. It was pretty pathetic. You definitely could have had both division finals inside.
I get that other competitions are held outside but I still don't like the principal of it. The two most celebrated divisions are shipped to a less than ideal competition setting as an easy fix for USASF. I hope mother nature cooperates. I would hate to see the clusternut that ensues if the skies open up halfway through a division but with any luck it will all go as planned.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Jumping in, but this competition has actually moved inside for the past two years and I believe will stay inside.

As a coach, the logistics of the baseball field were a nightmare... Parents, spectators, and judges were far away from the stage and weather was always unpredictable. Interesting concept, but never worked out well and got moved inside (and has done much better).

Obviously been a long time since I attended. And I hated the viewing, but I was just answering that having a stage on the field wasn't a big deal.

Back