All-Star Worlds Finals 2012 Changes...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does this mean that they officially changed how it will work?

@BlueCat mentioned taking only the top 10 to finals a few weeks ago

they're changing the format for finals?!?!?!

I think that is what @Ceacoach is insinuating. @BlueCat mentioned possibly just taking top ten to finals a while ago, but I wasn't sure if it was an idea he had or was being kicked around. I am sure we will find out shortly... as news on here doesn't stay quiet fast.

I do not know the answer to that. It was freely discussed at NACCC. It was driven primarily by two things: 1. The desire to avoid one of the "big 3/4" large seniors being eliminated from finals. 2. Wanting to provide an incentive for teams to even out the division distribution a bit more.

The next step would be (or would have been) taken up by the Worlds Advisory Board. I am not privy to the discussions or decisions from that group until everyone else is.

oh how I would LOVE to see top 10 from every division going.
@BlueCat, Idk if you would know this, but does this include international divisions? or would it still be 3 from each country?

oh how I would LOVE to see top 10 from every division going.
@BlueCat, Idk if you would know this, but does this include international divisions? or would it still be 3 from each country?

This would be for the senior divisions. Changing the procedure for the older brackets would, in many cases, lower the final rankings for some non-US teams, so there is unsurprisingly little support to change the format from outside the US.

I do not know the answer to that. It was freely discussed at NACCC. It was driven primarily by two things: 1. The desire to avoid one of the "big 3/4" large seniors being eliminated from finals. 2. Wanting to provide an incentive for teams to even out the division distribution a bit more.

The next step would be (or would have been) taken up by the Worlds Advisory Board. I am not privy to the discussions or decisions from that group until everyone else is.

While the finals situation would could be fixed, it still wouldn't change how hard it is to field a team in a division of 36 as compared to a division of 30.

If they take only the Top 10 teams - will this free up the Milkhouse to have all divisions perform out of there for finals?

Probably. Would mean only 60 teams would compete on Sunday for club divisions.

I think if you do only top 10 from each division it needs to be a 3 round process. Everyone who came to Worlds competes on Friday (At Large in random order at first, then Partial random order, then Full Paid random order). Take the top half in reverse order, drop the scores, and have them compete on Saturday. Top ten from each division on Sunday. So it would be a strenuous process to make it all the way to finals, require some consistency, AND on Sunday you could have quite an enjoyable experience just watching the top 10 from every division in one building.

Back