All-Star Worlds Just To Watch?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Looking forward to attending Worlds, 1st year for daughters gym to have a Level 5 and its her senior year, so its going to be bittersweet watching her compete!!

We competed at UKCA in 2010 because they were the one's to give us our bid for worlds 2010 out of loyalty kind of. UKCA that year wernt giving out bids, they were doing auditions for Team UK instead (which hasnt pulled off coz not many ppl turned up to auditions haha). We have decided to move on with the times now and leave UKCA and compete at ICC and Future Cheer and jamfest (We had a few problems with UKCA whilst we were at worlds, long story), so we have decided to move to level 5 instead of level 6 now. Fingers crossed we might get a bid for next year, although we would have to beat some pretty good teams to do so, but its possible.

ohhh i see! haha well then i look forward to seeing team UK this year, you guys did amazing last year! i hope yous do get a bid!

I got the opportunity to go to Worlds last year with Team Scotland Dance team as i'm staff for Scotcheer and went to support the team. All i can say is that it was AMAZING!!!!! best experience and most memorable moment EVERY!!! My flight got cancelled due to the volcano but i luckily managed to book a new flight and got out in a weather window and i am soo glad i re-booked! If you ever get the opportunity to go i would definitely take it!! Im going back to worlds this year as part of Team Scotlands All Girl Cheer Team and i soo cannot wait to compete there this time!! :D

I think I'd in some ways rather go when I'm not competing because then you don't have to worry about warming up/performing/etc and missing teams you want to watch!

I've been to Worlds to just to watch the past 2 seasons. And I'm going again this year.

I think worlds is the best place I have ever been to in my life. Watching my favorite teams, trading t-shirts, taking pictures, meeting all new cheerleaders, florida! I swear it is my heaven and I would go there every single year if we could afford it. It is an amazing expeirience for both the cheerleaders, cheer moms, and anyone else! WORLDS<333

ohhh i see! haha well then i look forward to seeing team UK this year, you guys did amazing last year! i hope yous do get a bid!
Team UK has fallen through now Siobhan. They aren't going to worlds.

Its so worth it. Lots of people travel internationally to watch, its just an amazing weekend. And I think once yr daughter experiences it, it may be her inspiration and help her push her skills. Well it did me anyway!

I'm coming from the UK to watch worlds with just my friend, so any tips from anyone would REALLY be appreciated! (i've booked hotels & flights but any other info would be great!)

Worlds is a fun and motivating environment for people to be a part of. This will be my 4th worlds and most of them were basically as a spectator. Worlds was definitely motivation for me to strive to work for an organization where I could have the opportunity to coach a worlds team. Now going as a coach it's motivation for me to be able to learn and hopefully be able to coach our worlds teams one day. And it applies for every situation... I'm sure your daughter could learn a lot from the athletes like I do from the other coaches and spectators... Not to mention great, high level cheerleading!!

Definately go! As a spectator it was amazing <3 I was glued to my chair for 2 straight days watching the competition and loved every second.

We have an 10 year old who takes her family holiday to disney at the same time as worlds every year. She has only started cheer as she was an artistic gymnast until last year but now does cheer and acrobatic gymnastics with us.
They stay in the allstar resort and last year she came home buzzing about all the cheerleaders!
She has now started cheer and her dad is planning on taking her to watch as they are in disney for a week so he said he would happily miss one day of rides to let her watch. You would think all her christmas' have come at once. I just need to figure out how to contain her excitement until the end of April!
If I could go I'd be there in a flash
smile.png

I've been 4 times. And I only competed 2 of those times. I really enjoyed going to watch and supporting the team/teams that were there from my gym, and also other gyms.... Also, seeing all the great teams may really inspire your daughter to work harder and do better so that she can be like some of the athletes that she sees doing amazing skills out on the floor.

Back