All-Star Worlds Order Of Performance

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Okay so....can anyone tell me if I can stream to my apple TV from flo? I've never done it before:(
I already said this- but if you have an iPhone, or recent iPad (and maybe iPod? not sure) you can AirPlay it. when you start watching it on your mobile device, it should show you the option in the video player. Pro- easy to broadcast. Con- can't use your mobile device while doing it, but it works pretty well.

I wish I could find it, but there's an implicit bias based on performance order. Someone (@King or @BlueCat?) has shown that teams that go later tend to score higher. Rather than one very large group (like it used to be) where that behavior is exacerbated, they break it into smaller groups to try and avoid some of that.

It was demonstrated that there is a direct correlation between performance order and scores - even when the order is selected randomly. This should have led to the scoring system being changed to something with some type of "anchor" point or standard to keep scores from drifting upward as the division goes.

It was demonstrated that there is a direct correlation between performance order and scores - even when the order is selected randomly. This should have led to the scoring system being changed to something with some type of "anchor" point or standard to keep scores from drifting upward as the division goes.

I think randomly generated groups of 10 and the highest score makes it out. And then to fill up the top ten having a system of wild cards that chooses the second places from the most competing groups would be interesting. You could only do this for small senior or small coed though

I already said this- but if you have an iPhone, or recent iPad (and maybe iPod? not sure) you can AirPlay it. when you start watching it on your mobile device, it should show you the option in the video player. Pro- easy to broadcast. Con- can't use your mobile device while doing it, but it works pretty well.

I wonder if you can do the same with chromecast.

I've always thought it odd that paid bids got an automatic pass through to round 2. Getting several hundred dollars per athlete seems a big enough reward for paid bids.

I think randomly generated groups of 10 and the highest score makes it out. And then to fill up the top ten having a system of wild cards that chooses the second places from the most competing groups would be interesting. You could only do this for small senior or small coed though

I envision an ELO type ranking system during the regular season that could provide seeding for brackets and performance order. It could also theoretically put a premium on certain events - making it a big hit with the event producers with permanent board seats/votes.

For everyone who is debating a roku, I'd go and get one now. When we missed Steel last year, the Roku was the only consistent device we had. Highly recommended. And yes, the roku has a USASF app and that's where you can watch it through on the device! :)

And for all who are asking, I might periscope Worlds. I haven't decided yet... but I will be home all weekend so it's a huge possibility :)

We'll make sure you get pizza this year!

am i able to watch worlds on my phone if i buy the live stream? of course my schedule forbids me to actually chill and watch it.

I need a big favor!

Can somebody film AFC Vienna Vikings Allstars (aka Team Austria - International Allgirl Level 6) on Sunday and Monday via Periscope?

I am not able to get the live stream and really need to see my old Team. In return I would send you a little package with typical austrian/ viennese sweets!

If you are interested - write me a privat message!

Thanks!!

Last edited:
I've always thought it odd that paid bids got an automatic pass through to round 2. Getting several hundred dollars per athlete seems a big enough reward for paid bids.

I envision an ELO type ranking system during the regular season that could provide seeding for brackets and performance order. It could also theoretically put a premium on certain events - making it a big hit with the event producers with permanent board seats/votes.

Let's expand this out. How many times in a weekend do you think a team should need to perform to win the whole event? Right now a team could perform 3 times. Possibly, I would suggest, they could need to perform 4 times to win. If we know the number of times we can work backwards to see how it all fits together.

I'm not sure how many times a team would need to perform to get an accurate ranking, but 4 might work. To me you would have the AL teams compete and take top 10. The remaining teams would then compete and you take that top 10. Then those teams compete day 1 and day 2 with a 50/50 average. I may be simplifying it a bit. I still think the paid bid teams should not have to compete in AL division. I cannot imagine how long it would take to get through all the teams if we didn't do it that way. At this point, we ALREADY divide the AL teams into Division A/Division B which I have so many issues with.
On another note, I have always wondered why Worlds only takes the scores from finals. Seems contradictory to require teams to compete two times and take the average to obtain a bid, but at the actual competition, they only compete 1 time. Maybe I am missing something.

I need a big favor!

Can somebody film AFC Vienna Vikings Allstars (aka Team Austria - International Allgirl Level 6) on Sunday and Monday via Periscope?

I am not able to get the live stream and really need to see my old Team. In return I would send you a little package with typical austrian/ viennese sweets!

If you are interested - write me a privat message!

Thanks!!

I'm thinking of periscoping teams (from the livestream that is though?)

Back