All-Star Worlds Poor Performance

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wasn't there...so I'm just asking. But are you saying its OK to sell more tickets than seats? And that its the FANS fault that they thought having a ticket that they paid $25 (!!!) for meant they would get a seat? I hardly think that's an unreasonable expectation for a fan to have. And my second question is this: what would you be saying if everyone did get there at 6:30 AM? Wouldn't there still be the same problem - more ticket holders than seats? How would everyone showing up at the same time HELP? And how is this NOT USASF and Disney's fault?

So correct me if I'm wrong...but your "solution" for the problem of there being more ticketholders than seats is for everyone to show up at the same time?

For the record...we always describe this as "the Super Bowl of Cheerleading". Well, the NFL sold more tickets than seats to this year's Super Bowl and made the extra people watch on a screen. They ended up settling out of court and giving each of those people the following: free tickets to a future super bowl, hotel and airfare for that super bowl, and cash equaling the face value of their tickets.

Hmmmm...something to think about, for those of you who couldn't get in and had to watch on a screen. Not sure I'd be OK with "Well You should have gotten there earlier."

Disney does not sell you a ticket to a seat. They sell an admission ticket to get into a complex called Wide World of Sports. It allows the holder access to any of the venues located there.

Disney does not sell you a ticket to a seat. They sell an admission ticket to get into a complex called Wide World of Sports. It allows the holder access to any of the venues located there.

Well like I said I wasn't there. Never been. But honestly? Even without being there I feel like SOMEONE with either Disney or USASF had the foresight to say "wow! This is a lot of people booking trips and hotel rooms. I wonder if this might be an issue..."

I don't think hey should have just let everyone in like everyone is saying, because I hardly think having the fire Marshall shut down the milkhouse would have made people happier. But I do think something else has to happen. I don't know what...but I used work in festival planning in VA so large crowds and crowd control are something I know about. I would bet there is a better solution than "nope. Sorry you spent thousands I'd dollars to see your granddaughter realize her dreams, but you can watch her on the screen."

And I DEFINITELY don't think having everyone show up early is a solution. I'd think people would be glad that not everyone is there all day. Seems like that would be a bigger problem. So really my point was in response to "I was there at 6:45. You all should have come then if you wanted a seat." It is possible that they were there...maybe in the other venue. Or maybe this was just not well planned. But no matter what, having all 264647373764637 people show up at 6:30 in the morning wouldn't have been any better.

I would just like to say that a certain team filled an entire row with their back packs in the section to the left of the floor (looking at it). I went to go move one of the bags over so i could sit. and a mom flipped out at me and said (direct quote) "Don't you dare touch their bags, they just went to warm ups"...... :eek:
Excuse you?! warm ups to performance time is about an hour. you want to leave 2 entire rows completely empty for that long?
Needless to say i sat on the seat with the bag in it but didn't move it while the mother continued to yell. Then when I saw a closer seat, I moved up.

Haha...yes! I still can't believe they left their bags there. I guess karma came back to bite them cause they didn't make finals. They were extremely rude.

Haha...yes! I still can't believe they left their bags there. I guess karma came back to bite them cause they didn't make finals. They were extremely rude.
And its funny cause one of my friends coaches there.

I got there early Sunday just so i could get a seat, I personally have no problem with people sitting at my feet and on my lap during teams performances. I understand when YOUR fav team is on you want to be as close as possible hahah I get it! Overall my only problem was sunday I sat by a mom and she was too sweet, But she didnt save her daughter a seat after her daughter left to perform so two cheerleaders came and just sat down it thinking the seat was empty...and that mom cussed them out!! It was in shock. It was uncalled for.

Well like I said I wasn't there. Never been. But honestly? Even without being there I feel like SOMEONE with either Disney or USASF had the foresight to say "wow! This is a lot of people booking trips and hotel rooms. I wonder if this might be an issue..."

I don't think hey should have just let everyone in like everyone is saying, because I hardly think having the fire Marshall shut down the milkhouse would have made people happier. But I do think something else has to happen. I don't know what...but I used work in festival planning in VA so large crowds and crowd control are something I know about. I would bet there is a better solution than "nope. Sorry you spent thousands I'd dollars to see your granddaughter realize her dreams, but you can watch her on the screen."

And I DEFINITELY don't think having everyone show up early is a solution. I'd think people would be glad that not everyone is there all day. Seems like that would be a bigger problem. So really my point was in response to "I was there at 6:45. You all should have come then if you wanted a seat." It is possible that they were there...maybe in the other venue. Or maybe this was just not well planned. But no matter what, having all 264647373764637 people show up at 6:30 in the morning wouldn't have been any better.

In Disney's mind as well as the USASF they made arrangements. They were ready They had the feed on the Jumbo Tron in the baseball Stadium, They had the live feed in the court yard between the Milk House and Jostens Center. They has the live feed in the restaurant. They made arrangements for the tickets they sold. I am not saying it is right or wrong. I would not say in any way that it was not well planned as they were ready for the crowds as Disney is. They even opened the side gates to let teams in and had card readers in place for this. They had the priority viewing in front of the judges that entered in from the right and exited on the left facing the stage. and there were large clear direction and flow signs this year.

I do agree with some of the prior posts that it was some of the fans that made things worse. Don't show up when your team is in the hold and think you will be able to walk in. And don't make it worse and make a fool of your self by fighting with the security / crowd control person because you are going the wrong way.

I do agree with some of the prior posts that it was some of the fans that made things worse. Don't show up when your team is in the hold and think you will be able to walk in. And don't make it worse and make a fool of your self by fighting with the security / crowd control person because you are going the wrong way.

Now that I agree with. I find that as a general rule the public is not so good at following directions...but very good at expecting others to follow them.

I'm going to worlds to watch next year so this has all been good info for me. I'll be much better prepared!

I agree. We got there at 7am and was about 5 rows back on the aisle which was nice to get in an out of. Since I was on the aisle I saw alot more. People sitting or standing in the aisle, blocking people's views that were sitting in seats on the other side of the aisle!! And then when security came they'd sit on the stars block people from getting up and moving around. Unbeliveable.

Those are the same people complaining about not finding a set (getting there at 6:45am-7am like you and I) and

It amazed me how many times someone asked to sit in CP's seat while she ran off to the bathroom right before Large Senior All-Girls finals. They gave ME attitude as if I was saving a seat. Are you kidding me???? A bathroom break?!?!

I say the problem this weekend wasn't Disney, the security, etc. IT WAS ALOT OF THE FANS who expected to waltz in and find a seat 5 minutes before.
AMEN!!!

sorry showing up early is not the answer! what about parents that have kids at jostens and the milk house they are so screwed!

I just hate that teams could drop more than one stunt, have pyramid fall, baskets not being thrown and still make it to the next round when clearly the score sheet was about execution being very important... I will not say any names so don't ask! :) anyone else agree!

I just hate that teams could drop more than one stunt, have pyramid fall, baskets not being thrown and still make it to the next round when clearly the score sheet was about execution being very important... I will not say any names so don't ask! :) anyone else agree!

Well clearly execution wasn't that important, when a dropped stunt is a 1pt deduction out of a total of 300 points.

Anyone who was in the fierceboard section remembers the drama with the family who sat right in the middle of all of us. Now, that's fine. I don't have an issue with that. You can sit wherever you want. But day 2 one of my friends (someone who posts here) tried to sit down in the mothers seat when she had gone to the bathroom. There was a bag in the seat so she only sat on the corner of it. The father said "DON'T TOUCH THAT BAG, there is fragile stuff in there." She responded and was genuinely sorry. She apologized a few times and asked to sit in the seat until the mother came bag. The father GRABBED HER WRIST and held it and said "DON'T YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THAT". Like......in what world is it anywhere near ok to grab someones wrist and jerk them around while they apologize for sitting NEAR a bag with "fragile" items in it????

Then toward the end of day 2, the entire family was there. They were in the front row so they had someone sitting at their feet on the ledge. The mom yelled at the person sitting at her feet saying "DON'T HIT MY KNEE! I had surgery!" The person apologized over and over again but once again it blew up. They were arguing back and forth until the mom called security. Security moved the mother and her daughter to VIP seating in front of the judges for the remainder of the day!!!!! WTF!!!?!?!?

well i was at the complex at a whomping 630 am to compete at 8am! SO i beat you all! But personally i didnt have any problems with crowd control worlds staff, just that one girl in warm up room, both days might i add. i normally just avoid sitting where i will be yelled at, or i just ignore if i think they are being ridiculous. i understand you are doing your job but when we ALL pay the amount of money we do to be there, we are going to ignore htem and watch our friends and family.

well i was at the complex at a whomping 630 am to compete at 8am! SO i beat you all! But personally i didnt have any problems with crowd control worlds staff, just that one girl in warm up room, both days might i add. i normally just avoid sitting where i will be yelled at, or i just ignore if i think they are being ridiculous. i understand you are doing your job but when we ALL pay the amount of money we do to be there, we are going to ignore htem and watch our friends and family.

You didn't beat me. I was there then too ;)

Back