All-Star Worlds Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

gofriars610

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
May 4, 2011
Has a team on an at-large bid ever won a medal at Worlds? If so, who and when? If not, is there even a point in having that many at-large bids if they are not going to win anything?

I'm not trying to bash, I'm just genuinely curious.

Im not sure, but i know for my gym its not always medaling its the fact we made it to the worlds biggest cheer event (2007-2011) and are apart of such an amazing experience. We can walk away say we competed against the best of the best

Has a team on an at-large bid ever won a medal at Worlds? If so, who and when? If not, is there even a point in having that many at-large bids if they are not going to win anything?

If there weren't for at-large bids no international teams would be able to come.

I can say that international teams aside (because as stated above, they all have at-large bids and we love them so we don't mind :D) as far as I'm aware no at-large team has ever made podium (Bangkok and several International teams who I believe did well in IO6, but again- they're all on at-large bids).

I'd like to add a question to this discussion- With the amount of at-larges given, at what point does it stop being 'competing against the best of the best' and become 'competing against almost ever level 5 in the country?' Can we say it's 'the best of the best' when in certain divisions the point spread is ENORMOUS?

Cheer Athletics Cheetahs placed 3rd in Semi Limited this year on an at large bid. And FK placed 3rd in Int all girl. I know these are not the only CA teams that have medaled or won with at large bids, but can't give you specifics from other years.

Rust only ever had at large bids, and we got 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in 08, 09, and 10.

Yes, there have been at large bid teams make the podium and even win. This question has been asked and answered several times.

Yes, there are lots of at large bids, but not as many last year as 3 years ago, so they are being cut back. Again, a question that has been asked and answered and debated.

In the NCAA basketball tournament, no 16 seed has ever won a game (other than the play in) and only a handful of 15 or 14 or 13 seeds have won games, much less make the Final Four or win. They still invite them.

Did Basic Superstars go on an at large bid? Or maybe I'm just thinking they did since I never heard of them before they won 2nd at worlds.

I think out of our 10 wins, 6 of them were on at large bids. (including small senior in 06.)

Did Basic Superstars go on an at large bid? Or maybe I'm just thinking they did since I never heard of them before they won 2nd at worlds.

Yes, Basics went on an at large and globed.

I think out of our 10 wins, 6 of them were on at large bids. (including small senior in 06.)
Would you say those odds have increased/decreased, and is it relative to where the team is located? (Comparatively, the paid bid options vary by region so the odds are different. I think, from what I remember from the Worlds Bid thread we have going, the amount of bids in Texas decreased this year..)

Didn't CA Jags go on an at-large bid when they won in 2006? (I think it was 06... The year they went from junior to small senior for Worlds)

Didn't CA Jags go on an at-large bid when they won in 2006? (I think it was 06... The year they went from junior to small senior for Worlds)
Yes. That was when you only competed on Day 1 if you didn't have a paid bid. And they competed day 1.

Super Duper C

Super Duper Cells did it twice I think!

Back