All-Star Worlds Shortest Backspot

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh yeah this is completely accurate. I'm 5'11" and I NEVER catch my flyer, so I'm no ones favorite. And I totally don't help lift for my bases so all the bases don't like that either. Oh and I never get asked to spot other stunts to make sure they don't hit the ground. Oh wait, note the sarcasm.

I wasn't saying that being a tall backspot is a bad thing. I'm just saying that height shouldn't judge the skill. Just like a short flyer isn't better than a tall flyer. I know great tall backspots (and fyi I would LOVE to be your height for a day haha) and I know great short backspots.

My CP is 4' tall...she is a backspot for a prep stunt on her J4 team...I have to admit...I find it humerous!!

Im 5'4 and i mostly backspot. I love it though, but i also love sidebasing. I can't reach my stunt sometimes though-__- hahaha. But its whatever my coach wants me to do, im easy :)

and actually, the reason i think i'm backspotting is that i slacked off one day basing and they replaced me. boo hoo! :(
i fly on my sideline team though ;)

2hcg75s.jpg
she held the bases elbows haha!

I backbased on my HS team and I'm 5' 4"-5' 5", and I was average-shorter for a back. My coach said it was because I was one of the strongest out of the girls we had and because the first time my stunt went whack and the girl was falling I dove underneath to catch her and cushion her fall while my two bases stood their sucking their thumbs. She relied on me but that was the stunt group from HECK. Two of the laziest bases I've ever worked with..

I'm like 5' and I have been a backspot in the past. I was even backspot to bases that were 5'7-5'8, in extension. But i really don't think it only lies in the height of the back, it also think its a lot about technique and me being one of the strongest and the one that always catches a fall. :D i loved when i got to backspot instead of basing :p

Back