All-Star Worlds Team Members

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 17, 2011
Does your gym have tryouts or replacements for under performing Worlds team after the regular season is over? If so, how is it handled with current team members and new?

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by "under performing" worlds teams. Maybe I'm reading it wrong?

I read it as team members not keeping there skills...... evaluating members, changing up rosters.

Well I think alot of programs have tryouts each year anyways, so I would think the majority would say they do a re evaluation of sorts.

Every team my daughter has been a part of, she had to tryout each and every year. Regardless of how the team did. There was no Guarantee that she would be on the same team next year if there were 23 or 35 kids with better skills that try out.

I like to call this re-evaluating........not "tryouts". Color me crazy but I thought this happened everywhere!
Can you do that after a bid is accepted, though? I thought rosters had to be the same as when the bid was earned.

Can you do that after a bid is accepted, though? I thought rosters had to be the same as when the bid was earned.

There's a 10 people rule. 7 having to have been at the bid competition and 3 other's. (numbers might have changed now but that's what I remember)

By re-evaluation I mean staff evaluating kids to make sure they are still throwing the skills they threw when placed on the team, etc. I think everyone does this.

There's a 10 people rule. 7 having to have been at the bid competition and 3 other's. (numbers might have changed now but that's what I remember)

By re-evaluation I mean staff evaluating kids to make sure they are still throwing the skills they threw when placed on the team, etc. I think everyone does this.

It is this rule that allows 3 that was one of the reasons the USASF put in the release rule. There were kids that would leave Gym A to compeate with Gym B at Worlds

It is this rule that allows 3 that was one of the reasons the USASF put in the release rule. There were kids that would leave Gym A to compeate with Gym B at Worlds

So are those numbers still accurate? 10 substitution's with 7 of them having had to be at the bid winning competition and 3 others?

Latest posts

Back