All-Star Worlds Team Members

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's irritating to me because if you are on a worlds team for a full season, and you work hard to win your bid, etc., I don't think you should me moved off of the team unless there is a major reason. I know of one gym who did this and used it as an excuse to kick off athletes they had a personal vendetta with. IMO it's just a very controversial subject

You know what hapens when you assume.. I did not think it was common,, risk vs reward..
I don't think it's "common" across all worlds teams but I do think there are some marquis gyms where it's standard practice.

I also feel like its no surprise at those gyms so you know it's a possibility heading into a contract with that gym.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Does your gym have tryouts or replacements for under performing Worlds team after the regular season is over? If so, how is it handled with current team members and new?

We don't have this, but we don't have enough people in my area to do it. We've replaced 1 girl who quit in Dec. with a girl who cheered with us last year. Everyone else tried out in August for the World's team, and that's who are are going with.

From what I understand, it happens more frequently in the US. We were not planning on going for a Worlds bid last year and did so last minute. Almost 1/2 of our team couldn't commit to Worlds and we looked at bring in 10 subs from our gym (other teams) who could make the trip. Most of our team was totally against going with the subs as they weren't the people who made the team at the beginning of the year (even though many of the subs were better athletes - level 5 kids going to a level 6 team). Our coach had to explain that many teams need to do this to keep up with people quitting or injuries. Our team had no idea it was the norm for many level 6 teams.

Back