All-Star Worlds To Summit Crossovers...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 17, 2015
I apologize if this is answered somewhere else and I missed it.. I've been searching through threads and no luck. Does anyone know the answer to this with certainty? The worlds summit crossover rule.. Is it

(A) a maximum of 5 athletes per worlds team that can cross total? A flat 5 worlds athletes in total from one team can cross to any summit team period?

Or

(B) up to 5 athletes per summit team. So could 20 worlds athletes from the same worlds team cross to 4 different summit teams? Could an entire worlds team divide, concur and stack all of a gyms level 4/5 summit teams?

Depending on the correct answer - Do you think that's fair/not fair and if so why/why not?

Just trying to understand this rule. It doesn't appear clear the way it's written on the summit info page.

Didn't someone answer this for you in another thread?

5 worlds athletes per summit team. you can only cross up or down one level

Answered in the sandbagging thread. But to have 20 world's athletes go to summit, they gym would have to have multiple level 4 and 5r teams going to summit.

Didn't someone answer this for you in another thread?

5 worlds athletes per summit team. you can only cross up or down one level
Yes it was answered but I was interested in hearing opinions for or against this rule so I reposted the question asking for opinions. :)

What is your opinion on the rule?
I actually just pretty much posted my opinion in the replacing summit girls thread, lol. Basically, I don't like the rule very much, but can see why people would not feel bad about utilizing crossovers.

I suspect there will be rule changes in the next couple of years. I would guess it will end up much like World's crossover rules: not more than 1 team, releases required for athletes, and a limit on how many each team can replace, including how many must come from their program. However, given that at a World's a small team can replace 6 athletes, I don't know that the number of 5 World's crossovers will be affected.

To be fair, I somewhat suspect that Varsity has been lenient in its crossover rules to make sure there was adequate participation in lower level teams traveling to Orlando each year. As the competition gains prestige, I think they can count on teams still coming without as many crossovers, but initially they had to make sure that programs would come.

What is your opinion on the rule?

Not that you were asking me but... I've said this in the past, I don't have a problem with an athlete crossing up or down one level. I don't even have a problem if you're putting two or three level 5 athletes on a level 3 or 4 team. Because one or two kids do not make a team successful.

What I have a problem with is a gym taking several higher level athletes and putting them on a lower level team just to win and dominate. To me it speaks more of the type of character that that decision maker has than anything else. And I don't care if you have CA, CEA, TG or World Cup on your uniform or a Craptastic Allstars, wrong is wrong.

Back