All-Star Worlds Updates Day 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I really enjoyed UPAC Chile, even though there were falls, it was just exciting to watch.

I'm a little over teams who have a drop, make no effort to get the stunt back up and just stand marking the stunt whilst looking defeated. I get that sometimes it's hard to save stuff but this is WORLDS. Get the flyer back up. Please see Maddie Gardner 2011. She practically jumped back up there. That's how a pro should be.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

So the stream is using Cloudfront from Amazon for their CDN (content distribution network). For example here is my link to the stream on my computer: http://d1l09zg1j2319l.cloudfront.net/usasf.html?s=aG90ZWxfcGFwYV9taWNrZXk=&autostart=true

It wont do anything because it is locked to a session ( you wont be able to click it and watch). They probably need to expand how many nodes and servers they are using.
Thanks King. It is slightly better since contacting them but can only imagine during finals it will only get worse again.

So happy for Firestorm! Fingers crossed that they make it to finals! Lets go Heat!!!

The most interesting thing is Orange might have lost the toast (or performance) category and killed everyone in all the other categories.

So my question is if you win performance but lost the other categories should you beat them team that won all the other categories?

Orange scoresheeted them. Winning was more important than being a crowd favorite.

Thanks King. It is slightly better since contacting them but can only imagine during finals it will only get worse again.
how_cdn_works.png

This is how a CDN works. And, honestly, if they have paid for appropriate serving it should be great for everyone.

I know cheer is about execution and skill ... I get it ... But I think the reason everyone loves large senior is because of the flare each team brings ... Orange has no flare to me and henceforth dry toast.

maybe its the UCA cheerleader in me speaking, but I have to disagree. to me, a team that is all over the place makes them look like a hot mess, not a team with flare. orange was the only team that gave me chills. and its because they truthfully performed because they executed. we all sit here and talk about those teams that shouldn't even be at worlds because they aren't as "good" ie don't have as many skills, but to me, if you cant make your routine clean, you have no business being there.

I think as a fan Orange is a little harder to get into, whereas a team like SE or Stars is a lot of wow factor... As a coach, I want to fix that Stars routine and clean it up and I want to marry Roger for making Rays look like they are holding a seminar on proper technique. I appreciate Orange because I want every stunt to look exactly like that, not because I'm going "Oh! That was fun and cute!"

If I want fun and cute I can hire someone to give me motions/dance/whatever, but as a coach 95% of my time is spent on technique. And it still never comes close to what Rays does so when I see it I'm like "ugh yes, you win all the awards and deserve all the cake."

The most interesting thing is Orange might have lost the toast (or performance) category and killed everyone in all the other categories.

So my question is if you win performance but lost the other categories should you beat them team that won all the other categories?

Orange scoresheeted them. Winning was more important than being a crowd favorite.
Get out of my head. As a fan, I want the teams to entertain me. As someone who makes a living in this industry, I want the teams to execute all those difficult skills flawlessly. Orange is as entertaining to me as any of the other teams because they bring what the others can't. They make it look easy.

Back