All-Star Worst Comp. Moments Ever!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I already posted my worst cheer moments but I was just thinking about gymnastics and these came to mind:

My level 5 state competition where I was supposed to win bars by a large margin, and I ended up not even placing because I ripped my hand in my first kip and I ripped it even more on the kip to the top bar which caused the rest of the routine was not up to my usual standards. I ended up getting an 8.7 and I bawled like a baby. In the video, you can even see me look at my hand as soon as I salute the judges. But I got top five in vault so it cushioned the blow a little bit.

As a former gymnast, I read that part and thought, "what?!" The awards at my meet's always went a little something like this: "4th place-9.25, 3rd place-9.275, 2nd place-9.2875, 1st place-9.289875" haha, especially in compulsory.

Ahh, gymnastics, the sport where a single toe point means the difference between first and last ...

1-On day 1 in chicago when my team was going for our worlds bid, in the middle of the routine i got kicked in the face by the girl in front of me during synchronized tumbling and i broke my nose. But our team hit a zero deduction routine both days and got a bid so it was all good!

2-i have no idea how this happened i was about 10 but in indy right after awards, (we didn't do very good so i was kinda mad and wasnt paying attention) but we were riding up the esclator and my foot got stuck in the side of the esclator and it ripped the whole front of my shoe off so all my toes were hanging out of my shoe. Uh it was quite the experience i guess...

As a former gymnast, I read that part and thought, "what?!" The awards at my meet's always went a little something like this: "4th place-9.25, 3rd place-9.275, 2nd place-9.2875, 1st place-9.289875" haha, especially in compulsory.

Ahh, gymnastics, the sport where a single toe point means the difference between first and last ...

Haha exactly, large was a tad more accurate because I was 12 so I was in the oldest age bracket for level 5 and there weren't very many girls in my age group. I think the first place score was a 9.3, which I had surpassed multiple times that year lol. In the younger age groups scoring was much higher and more competitive.

tripping over the mat on the way onto the floor, and an international competition where quite a few squads had people out because of a stomach bug going round :( a youth girl was sick during her routine but carried on til the end! <3

Beast of the East this year. I was so excited to see all these Northern teams I had never seen before. But on the second day I started feeling really bad. We had already checked out of the hotel so I couldn't go back to the room. So we go out in the lobby and my mom and I are sitting on a bench and I have my head in her lap, trying not to throw up. Then this security dude comes up to us and is like "You can't lay on the bench." (REALLY?!?!?) My mom politely explained that I was not feeling well at which point the security person freaked out and dragged us all the way across the convention center to the first aid station. There they tried to convince me I just had cramps (seriously, I'm 17, I know the difference!!) and finally not being able to magically diagnose me, let me lay down on this cot thing, which just so happened to be right behind the speakers for warm-ups. So much for my nap. I did make it through the routine but we stunk because I was not the only sick one. 8 hour bus ride home=miserable. On the plus side, happy stilt guys did give me a T shirt to make me feel better

I am divorced. My Ex Husband and father of my 3 kids promised to show up for my CP's cheer comp. in San Antonio (since it is where he lives). We live 3 hours away. I kept telling my girls it will be nice if he makes it, but sometimes Dad gets busy. So, let's not focus or worry about it (he is very bad at keeping his word & promises). Well, he didn't show. My middle CP didn't want to go back to practice. She was convinced since he wasn't there he must have had a bad car wreck & be in a hospital. She finally went back to practice shaking with tears on her face. She is a flyer. She usually sticks her stunts in comp. Well, she was emotional and not focused. She fell in her stunt. As she came down , somehow a girls bow tore her leg. Their was blood everywhere. Some of the girls on the team were very upset with her. It was just a sad day overall.

When I did a roundoff tuck at NCA Dallas and over-rotated and landed on my butt and got the wind knocked out of me. Did I mention that I had been doing them for 3 years solidly and rarely does anything go wrong with them? Not only was I embarassed that I fell, but I completely freaked my mom, my coaches and my teammates out.

also at NCA Dallas, one of my teammates severly sprained her ankle the night before Day 1. She is one of those girls that absolutely lives for cheerleading and it almost killed her to not compete. We got to go on the hurt mat a few hours before we competed to rearrange the routine without her in it (because we were the only level 3 team in our gym and NCA doesnt allow crossover between levels). She did end u competing the second day though, with a heavy duty ankle brace and a ton of asprin and ice.

This was during our warmup, but the competition we were at didn't have a separate warmup room; instead, you had to run through your routine on the main mat in front of the crowd.

Just as we were doubling out of our first stunt sequence (I was backspot), my flyer elbowed me in the face. I started to stumble back, then realized I still had to, you know, CATCH HER. So I lunged forward, though not quickly enough and only grabbed an arm and a shoulder, leading to her hitting the mat (cue THAT gasp from the crowd that every cheerleader never wants to hear). And somewhere in my attempt to still catch her, my shoe came off. Which I then proceeded to trip over and almost came crashing down on top of my poor flyer.

Luckily, my flyer wasn't hurt. It was embarrassing as heck, though! Something I've always wanted to forget, but have never been able to. DEFINITELY my worst competition moment ever.

Being at Christmas Classic in Garland TX and seeing your whole pyramid collapse and a stunt fall... WORST COMP EVER! But we somehow didn't come in last lol we got 5th out of8 teams... Everyone else hit...! Knowing that if our pyramid hadn't collapsed we would have won. Even with the stunt fall...

At spirit sports Northeast knockout we did out second stunt on j2 which started with a leapfrog over the backspot's head. My flyer got over just fine but then she fell out of the stunt and I thought it was because I had done something wrong. After the routine I found my mom and I just felt so horrible that I was crying hysterically even though my friends were trying to calm me down. Not fun.

Apparently the year before I started at my gym when I used to cheer (this was back in the 2006-2007 season) the team used fake pony tails. Needless to say my first year on the team (2007-2008), a girl put hers in for competition (it actually blended really well with her hair, and I didn't know they had previously used them) and it flew out into an arch over the competition mat, and landed in the middle of the floor. Mortifying. Even worse there are videos that parents took of the whole thing, and you can hear them laughing. So embarassing!

My worst routine personally was at day 1 of Jamfest Indy 2011 and I fell for the first time ever in a stunt in competition. I cried. And I busted on my face in my hurdler double toe handspring back. We also had another girl fall in her tick up that day. The next day I hit my stunt and the other girl fell again.

As a team, getting last place this year at NCA Dallas out of 33 teams was very embarrassing because if we had actually thrown our skills, we would have done every well. But my stunt was the only stunt to hit with no deductions both days and nobody threw their tumbling and our pyramid literally hit the floor both days. I tore my shoulder muscle back stage day two and busted in my full and everyone's passes got watered down. And after that competition we went level 4 because nobody on the team wanted to try anymore. And it wasn't due to the fault of our coaches, it was totally on the team. And day two, about half the girls on the team had said they didn't care and weren't going to try so I told our coach and he ripped them a new one because they were the girls who had huge parts in screwing up our day one performance. And then the girls personally attacked me for telling the coach but I didn't really care. Somebody had to do it and I was glad it was me.
was this Fury Athletics Avalanche?

Well my last competition I was competing in a best cheer group with my sister and some how we got off with our music and....yeah I guess you can say it was a pretty sucky way to end the season.

Or one time I was front spot for a stunt group and the flyer had throw up dripping out of her mouth!!!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back