All-Star Yo, Gymtyme Is Not Playing This Year.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I will say that strategy to win worlds would NOT work anywhere else. You would get killed.

This is the first time I've written on here but i can tell you I'm a huge part of GT. Thank you for all the compliments. And thank you for the motivation we think every one is great this year and our kids work very hard so see you at worlds. Good luck all. Don't talk it be about it peace

Because what does referring to last year have to do with this years routine and the fact that NO ONE seems to get that walking clean behind around the floor is worth MORE than tumbling. Tumbling aint worth jack. If you had a squad full of standing doubles it might be worth the little thing that goes on the end of my shoelace. Lets even skip the fact their stunt is illegal and they can't seem to read a legality sheet (nor can anyone who was at the competition that gave them a bid).

The scorp comes from prep level, is never inverted, lands on stomach, then assisted rolls to two feet. what is your reasoning for legality. Also, this skill was competed at UCA college nationals and NCA college nationals in a UofL partner stunt and was not illegal in this case, where its only one person catching the scorp. so im just confused with where you are coming from. Also, we have competed at TWO major Varsity Brand companies, NCA and WSF, and nothing about it being illegal has been brought to our attention. And one of our coaches happens to be apart of the committee that writes the rules, (James Speed), and we have many skilled coaches that have been around the block, and were some of the people who were there in the beginning when cheerleading really blew up, Im pretty sure they know what they are doing.

Here is a picture of my stunt group in the scorp coming down.

2hi71j6.jpg

The scorp comes from prep level, is never inverted, lands on stomach, then assisted rolls to two feet. what is your reasoning for legality. Also, this skill was competed at UCA college nationals and NCA college nationals in a UofL partner stunt and was not illegal in this case, where its only one person catching the scorp. so im just confused with where you are coming from. Also, we have competed at TWO major Varsity Brand companies, NCA and WSF, and nothing about it being illegal has been brought to our attention. And one of our coaches happens to be apart of the committee that writes the rules, (James Speed), and we have many skilled coaches that have been around the block, and were some of the people who were there in the beginning when cheerleading really blew up, Im pretty sure they know what they are doing.

2hi71j6.jpg
Work ^^^

2hi71j6.jpg

I highlighted the illegal part and then put the rule right here that you are breaking. Does that help? I wonder if I should have let this one go until it was called at Worlds or something. Oh well.

H. L5 Stunts-Release Moves
1. Release moves are allowed but must not exceed more than eighteen inches above extended arm level (example: tic-tocks are allowed).
2. Release moves may not land in a prone or inverted position.

Actually, it is legal. Don't change it please. Thanks!

I see where you are getting your reasoning then, but MY reasoning is simply NCA and WSF feel that it is not breaking the rules. And the other thing Im getting from this is that you are smarter than the UCA and NCA College Nationals judging panels, the NCA All Star judging panels, and the WSF judging panels. So it just seems apparent that you should probably judge every competition for the rest of the season since you know more than all of these Varsity Brand Companies.

I see where you are getting your reasoning then, but MY reasoning is simply NCA and WSF feel that it is not breaking the rules. And the other thing Im getting from this is that you are smarter than the UCA and NCA College Nationals judging panels, the NCA All Star judging panels, and the WSF judging panels. So it just seems apparent that you should probably judge every competition for the rest of the season since you know more than all of these Varsity Brand Companies.

If you guys don't change it, I would be very happy.

I don't know why youre attacking him. He was pointing it out. I actually said the exact same thing to other people as well.

There have been numerous times when teams didn't get penalized until a major competition towards the end of the year.

I have an issue with people saying, just because it hasn't been caught yet doesn't make it illegal. It is illegal by any normal interpretation of the rules. There is no gray area on this stunt.
Truth: it is a release move
Truth: it is caught in a prone position
Definition from USASF (http://usasf.net/safety/cheerglossary/):
Prone Position
A face down, flat body position
Release Move
When the base(s) and top person become free of contact with each other and the top person comes back to the original set of bases. This interpretation applies to "stunts" only, not "pyramids."

There is NO WAY you can say that this stunt IS LEGAL

I don't know why youre attacking him. He was pointing it out. I actually said the exact same thing to other people as well.

There have been numerous times when teams didn't get penalized until a major competition towards the end of the year.

I have an issue with people saying, just because it hasn't been caught yet doesn't make it illegal. It is illegal by any normal interpretation of the rules. There is no gray area on this stunt.
Prone Position
Release Move
When the base(s) and top person become free of contact with each other and the top person comes back to the original set of bases. This interpretation applies to "stunts" only, not "pyramids."

If the back keeps the ankle, you'd be set! I taught this to my level 4 team last season like that, but it just never looked nice enough to compete it.

Prone Position
Release Move

Is this the loophole? That it's not a flat (albeit facedown) body position?

(I thought it was illegal the moment I saw it and have been trying to figure out why on earth it hadn't been called!)

Is this the loophole? That it's not a flat (albeit facedown) body position?

(I thought it was illegal the moment I saw it and have been trying to figure out why on earth it hadn't been called!)

Nah, her body makes a flatish line. Otherwise you could fall in a lib, or stretch, in a slight arch...

fair enough... thought it was a long shot! :)

Hah, I will put it to you this way. It would be way smarter to define it as I just said than to allow anything that is not completely flat to fall on their stomach. There are so many ways to tear apart the 'she wasn't flat' definition. Seperate your feet slightly, no longer flat. Lift your head up, no longer flat.

Although I think if she was in a double scorpion you could argue THAT was not a flat body position.

Im not attacking him, he initialized the "attack" whether you say it was one or not

ive been instructed to give you the definition of prone, flat (not flatish) on your stomach, not at an angle with foot still under your shoulders. ive also been instructed to state, that maybe if you worried about your own teams as much as you are worrying about ours, you might have 9 world champion globes under your belt as well. (and thats towards you specifically, not Roger or Casey, or any other coaches for that matter).

Back