All-Star You Know You're A Cheer'parent' When................

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My mom also used to cry when I performed. Do any of you do this? I thought it was so wierd, but now that I coach, when I see an athlete get a skill that they have been working so hard to get, I start to tear up. lol. But I make sure I don't cry, that would be a little awkward. haha

LOL I do cry sometimes. :oops: It's just a mom thing I guess. I cry everytime my babies do anything. I cry at school plays, cheer comps, I even still cry on the first day of school every year--and my older one is in 11th grade! I think I just love watching them grow and do things in life--and I just think "Oh my gosh--that's my baby! I made that! And look at her!"

I mean I don't all our bawl or anything, but I do get a little watery eyed...and I think people think I'm crazy. But I don't care...what can i say? I loooooooove my girls. They're my life.:)

LOL I do cry sometimes. :oops: It's just a mom thing I guess. I cry everytime my babies do anything. I cry at school plays, cheer comps, I even still cry on the first day of school every year--and my older one is in 11th grade! I think I just love watching them grow and do things in life--and I just think "Oh my gosh--that's my baby! I made that! And look at her!"

I mean I don't all our bawl or anything, but I do get a little watery eyed...and I think people think I'm crazy. But I don't care...what can i say? I loooooooove my girls. They're my life.:)
I cried when I read this...thanks. My little girl is my life too. We were told we had a small chance at even being able to have a child, and now I have this awesome little person filled with so much energy and love of life. It is a real honor to be her mom. I'm crying with you...:rolleyes:

... when even the cheerleaders come to you after division is finished and ask you where they will place..... (you know, because you watched the entire division and even scored them using a complex system of +, - and = marks!
This is my mother! She always always always has a perfermance order sheet and takes notes on what she liked and didnt like about routines and scores them in her own opinion! I love when the moms get just as excited as we do!

My cp's 9th birthday is in a couple of weeks and most parents get all sentimental when they outgrow certain clothes, or move up a grade, or anything else that proves that their babies are growing up. I haven't been really sentimental about my cp's growing up as of yet, but the thought occured to me that as of this season, I no longer have a mini. I have two cp's and have spent the last 7 years with one of them as a mini. Now I have none, and that makes me sad. :(

This is my mother! She always always always has a perfermance order sheet and takes notes on what she liked and didnt like about routines and scores them in her own opinion! I love when the moms get just as excited as we do!
I judge every team in the division. I love it so much a couple of years ago I got certified to be a judge :). I just love it!

My mom also used to cry when I performed. Do any of you do this? I thought it was so wierd, but now that I coach, when I see an athlete get a skill that they have been working so hard to get, I start to tear up. lol. But I make sure I don't cry, that would be a little awkward. haha
I cry often. The pride I feel for my cp when she completes her pass or hits her stunt sequence. Last year our male coach cried when his team won Nationals after a rocky beginning to the season. He's a tough guy and when I saw him tear up with pride I balled like a baby :).

listen if i was a shooting star mom that would be me on a bad day. she probably didn't go in front of the mat to watch them to resist actually getting on the mat WITH them during the routine. work it out mama
Haha she's actually not a mom, just one of the biggest WCSS fans ever!

Haha she's actually not a mom, just one of the biggest WCSS fans ever!

I LOVE THAT! Fan, parent, friends, spectator, whatever you are I LOVE when people get excited about what these boys and girls do on that mat. They give US their all 2,3 or 4 times a week at practice, we can definitely give them everything we have in our bodies for 2:30 at a competition. =)

You carry a one of your childs old back packs instead of a purse to competitions.
You always have multiple feminine products, tylonel, advil,(for all ages) icy hot, tiger balm etc and everyone in the gym knows to come to you.
You carry a case of water and snacks in your car at all times and again everyone comes to you if they forgot their water or snack.
You make friends with parents from other gyms.
You are the go to person if people need rides to practice or comps, because you NEVER miss.
You do not take vacations you take cheer-cations.
You are listening to the radio and your mind freaks out when the song doesn't change to the next song in your kids cheer music or the bells and whistles and voice overs are missing.
You see no problem taking your child to compete after a night of vomiting or with a really high temp. It's normal right?
Too many more to include here.
And Yes to all who ask I suffer from cheer insanity. Because without it you couldn't handle the rigors of being a cheer parent.[/quote
Love this post!

Back