All-Star You Know You're A Cheer'parent' When................

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

you're willing to let your daughter cheer on three teams (at a gym 45min. away), despite gas prices approaching 5$/gallon.
This was my mom a few years ago when gas was really expensive! Let's just say, as soon as I was 16, I got a job to help out with gas. lol.

Good for you for helping out your mom. I am sure she appreciates it, however u cheering probably makes her day.

... when even the cheerleaders come to you after division is finished and ask you where they will place..... (you know, because you watched the entire division and even scored them using a complex system of +, - and = marks!

At UCA nationals, I asked my daughter if she wanted me to watch her comp teams or support are level 5 team. R u kidding, of course you need to watch our competitors. I laughed and was grateful cus I wanted to see what we were up against. :D

This is the funniest thread I have read, cus I relate to so much of this. Thanks to everybody for being as crazy as me.

You know your a cheer parent when you find yourself watching the high school teams because you know the kids or the coach when your daughter only cheers in all star.

You wear your fierce bow to competitions or have it (them) on your bag.

You know how to get power in unusual places at competitions to recharge your phone

SharkDad said:

You know how to get power in unusual places at competitions to recharge your phone

I was coming to post this. I know which plugs work at all convention centers we go to. I've met a lot if nice parents while waiting for my phone to charge. A true true cheer parent has extra batteries on hand and wouldn't buy an iPhone for that reason.

Another one is that you know parents of kids on most teams and refer to those teams as so and so's child's team. My daughter just came downstairs and I said " sharkdad's daughter and her team won the free uniforms at BATB!" she rolled her eyes and said I know from Facebook mom.

Good for you for helping out your mom. I am sure she appreciates it, however u cheering probably makes her day.
My mom also used to cry when I performed. Do any of you do this? I thought it was so wierd, but now that I coach, when I see an athlete get a skill that they have been working so hard to get, I start to tear up. lol. But I make sure I don't cry, that would be a little awkward. haha

I was coming to post this. I know which plugs work at all convention centers we go to. I've met a lot if nice parents while waiting for my phone to charge. A true true cheer parent has extra batteries on hand and wouldn't buy an iPhone for that reason.

Another one is that you know parents of kids on most teams and refer to those teams as so and so's child's team. My daughter just came downstairs and I said " sharkdad's daughter and her team won the free uniforms at BATB!" she rolled her eyes and said I know from Facebook mom.

That's cool. Wish you would have found me and said hi. Not hard to sport with the 3 bows on my backpack now.

I have my fierce bow on my bag! And my friend got a portable charger so she didn't have to find an outlet during competitions! I highly reccomend it.

I tried explaining that to my husband, he doesn't get it. I have an HTC EVO. I carry 6 charged batteries (4 regular and 2 extended) to every competition. Gotta update other cheer moms, read Fierce boards and Check scores and videos. This is really sick. We all need an intervention. LMAO!!!!

I tried explaining that to my husband, he doesn't get it. I have an HTC EVO. I carry 6 charged batteries (4 regular and 2 extended) to every competition. Gotta update other cheer moms, read Fierce boards and Check scores and videos. This is really sick. We all need an intervention. LMAO!!!!
Note: This is a do over. I totally screwed up the reply earlier.

When you join a cheerleading forum many, many years ago and decide to meet up with COMPLETE TOTAL STRANGERS, despite the fact that people are always warning you about meeting strangers from the internet, and decide to "Go for it" because you all have a common interest through your kids AND YOU END UP MAKING FRIENDS FOR LIFE!!!!

When you join a cheerleading forum many, many years ago and decide to meet up with COMPLETE TOTAL STRANGERS, despite the fact that people are always warning you about meeting strangers from the internet, and decide to "Go for it" because you all have a common interest through your kids AND YOU END UP MAKING FRIENDS FOR LIFE!!!!

THIS

Best friends for life!!! Feathers, you, UFOmom, Cheermeup, Emsmom, cacheermom, N, Bella Blue, Acie, Ultimatefan We were destined to all be best friends.......

Latest posts

Back