All-Star Youth Makeup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My CP is on a youth team and they wear stage makeup AKA heavy makeup. Smokey eye, foundation, eyeliner, blush and a red lip. Coach wants false eyelashes but I just use the 3D mascara and it's much easier. She likes wearing the makeup but keeps makeup wipes in her cheer bag and as soon as awards are over she takes it off.

My CP is on a youth team and they wear stage makeup AKA heavy makeup. Smokey eye, foundation, eyeliner, blush and a red lip. Coach wants false eyelashes but I just use the 3D mascara and it's much easier. She likes wearing the makeup but keeps makeup wipes in her cheer bag and as soon as awards are over she takes it off.

is the 3d mascara worth it?

My CP has like zero lashes. We used it last season and it was amazing for her! There is most definitely a learning curve so if you are going to use it take some time to watch some videos and practice. The first few times we did it she looked like she had clumpy tarantula eye lashes lol.

This yr she wants to try fake lashes so we will see how that goes...keeping the 3D stuff in the make up bag because I already have a feeling how those will go over ha!

I think it's definitely worth it. I got it for CP for cheer, tried it on myself and now it's my everyday mascara. When I put it on the fibers I actually squint my eyes so no fibers get into my eye and only put the fibers mid way through to the end of the lash. Then when I am done I take my blush brush and wipe any fibers that fell off of my face. I like all of their makeup, I basically purchased that and one of their palettes just for cheer but liked it so much I use it all and ended up becoming one of their presenters.

Feel free to message me with any questions about it. I can show you pictures of me with my old high end mascara and with the 3D stuff. It's a big difference.

I love using my 3D mascara on my lashes. Luckily my CP has full and long lashes and doesn't need to use it. I still use a little bit of regular mascara on her though. She loves to do it herself.

I had a youth team two years ago and we had a gold glitterish eyeshadow, eyeliner, bronzer and red lipstick. No mascara allowed. I now coach a junior team and we have a sephora gold pen over the lid, shadowing with a brown eyeshadow, eyeliner and red lipstick. Mascara, foundation, bronzer etc. is optional.

I can add that we have bought make up to use on the girls and they only buy themselves if they don't want to share :)

We compared the 3D against urban decays perversion and they were comparable in quality. I personally went with the perversion as I don't really like the idea of the fibers.
I love UD Perversion. You must have good lashes. I was using that with the primer but for me the 3D was a big difference. It made my lashes much more fuller and longer. But I don't really have any lashes to start with. I didn't like the fibers at first either until I started to squint when applying them so they didn't get into my eyes. I don't like things in my eyes!

How do you people not break out constantly?!?! Stage makeup (at least, the ACTUAL stage makeup I know) is WICKED heavy and requires some serious stuff to remove. I can't imagine wearing it all day around a competition and sweating in it. My face would hate me.

Or are you just talking stage-level makeup. In which case- I'm glad my brief time in allstar didn't require more than me in some basic blush and lip stain...even if it did also mean neon blue, green, and bright white glitter lol.

How do you people not break out constantly?!?! Stage makeup (at least, the ACTUAL stage makeup I know) is WICKED heavy and requires some serious stuff to remove. I can't imagine wearing it all day around a competition and sweating in it. My face would hate me.

Or are you just talking stage-level makeup. In which case- I'm glad my brief time in allstar didn't require more than me in some basic blush and lip stain...even if it did also mean neon blue, green, and bright white glitter lol.
I think they mean stage level makeup. When I cheered I always used my normal foundation, mascara, etc. I never really wore blush because it wasnt needed and my cheeks would get red even through my full coverage foundation. But on a daily basis there is about 7-8 products on my face not including eye makeup/eye brows and lips. I'll get the occasional pimple (maybe one every couple of months) but my skin in general is fine.

Stage level makeup. We use Clinique foundation under everything because CP has super sensitive skin and the color cosmetics the gym requires aggravate her excema. I know the makeup you Re talking about, but very few theater programs in our area use it anymore outside of specialized applications like scars and monster makeup because regular foundations have gotten so good at coverage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can barely get eyeliner right on myself, I can't imagine how difficult it would be to do on a tiny or mini haha. I think blush, lipstick, and mascara is the perfect base makeup for the young ones, I don't know that I would do any less if at a competition with stage lighting.

ETA: speaking of glitter, I remember before rhinestones or sequins were a thing on uniforms, we would spray hairspray glitter all over our uniforms...which would all fall off after the first tumbling pass in the routine.

Eyeliner on minis is "fun". I have been doing it in CP for dance and cheer since she was about 5. My trick is to lift the eyebrow to get a clear look at the lash line. It also seems to help them hold still.

Eyeliner on minis is "fun". I have been doing it in CP for dance and cheer since she was about 5. My trick is to lift the eyebrow to get a clear look at the lash line. It also seems to help them hold still.

Eyeliners have also gotten SOFTER. The stuff that was used on me in the 90s- OUCH. Worst time of my life.

Eyeliners have also gotten SOFTER. The stuff that was used on me in the 90s- OUCH. Worst time of my life.

I also think that makeup has gotten easier to take off. When I was little, it took more time to take the makeup off than it did to put it on. So, if you mess up on a little kid, it comes off quicker.

Back