All-Star [1/4-1/5] Mid Atlantic Premier Open Championship - Richmond, Virginia

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If some of these world teams go to NCA in Dallas - don't they limit crossovers to 5 max per team?

So what would a team with 20 crossovers do at NCA or Worlds - look for replacements?

If some of these world teams go to NCA in Dallas - don't they limit crossovers to 5 max per team?

So what would a team with 20 crossovers do at NCA or Worlds - look for replacements?
They wouldn't send the crossover team to NCA. You are assuming they are crossing to another Worlds team...I'm guessing they are crossing to a different level.

I wonder - do they list the crossovers "main" team only or both? So, if 8 athletes crossed from FAME Supers to FAME Spotlights, would it list 8 crossovers for both teams on the schedule?
It looks like they only list crossovers on one team rather than both. I wish all EPs gave this information.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

It looks like they only list crossovers on one team rather than both. I wish all EPs gave this information.

It's interesting to see, but I'm not sure I understand what difference it makes in the grand scheme of things. As long as unlimited crossovers are allowed, there's no purpose in listing the number.

I wonder - do they list the crossovers "main" team only or both? So, if 8 athletes crossed from FAME Supers to FAME Spotlights, would it list 8 crossovers for both teams on the schedule?
Looks like it might have been an "internal note" as the link no longer works and the crossovers are not listed in the updated schedule.

It's interesting to see, but I'm not sure I understand what difference it makes in the grand scheme of things. As long as unlimited crossovers are allowed, there's no purpose in listing the number.
I still think there is a purpose. I would want to know if 18 members from a small level 5 Worlds team are crossing to a small level 3 team (using this as a generic example and nothing specific from the Richmond schedule). I think most can agree the crossover rules are a hot topic of debate and the rules won't likely change any time soon (add up the number of crossovers at this comp alone and look at all of the money the Varsity/USASF contingent stands to lose by changing the rule), so I think listing the crossovers helps the community police themselves in a sense. I think there are gyms out there that abuse the crossover rule because there is no transparency, and maybe those gyms wouldn't abuse it so much if the details are posted on the OOA.

I still think there is a purpose. I would want to know if 18 members from a small level 5 Worlds team are crossing to a small level 3 team (using this as a generic example and nothing specific from the Richmond schedule). I think most can agree the crossover rules are a hot topic of debate and the rules won't likely change any time soon (add up the number of crossovers at this comp alone and look at all of the money the Varsity/USASF contingent stands to lose by changing the rule), so I think listing the crossovers helps the community police themselves in a sense. I think there are gyms out there that abuse the crossover rule because there is no transparency, and maybe those gyms wouldn't abuse it so much if the details are posted on the OOA.

Pretty big "maybe." I don't see the community policing itself, and I still see the parents of the 6 athletes with the 14 crossovers being happy their Susie has a shot at being on a team the parent thinks he/she should be on, rather than what the program can actually field.
Think about it, a program that can say it has 10 teams looks "healthier" than one that can say it has 4. It likely wouldn't be seen by the new parent/athlete, for a while anyway, that everyone crosses.

Pretty big "maybe." I don't see the community policing itself, and I still see the parents of the 6 athletes with the 14 crossovers being happy their Susie has a shot at being on a team the parent thinks he/she should be on, rather than what the program can actually field.
Think about it, a program that can say it has 10 teams looks "healthier" than one that can say it has 4. It likely wouldn't be seen by the new parent/athlete, for a while anyway, that everyone crosses.
It certainly wouldn't be seen as a negative by the gyms abusing the crossover rules, but I am sure it would for the teams competing against those gyms. I think the incident at NCA a couple of years ago is a perfect example. There were two gyms that took a LOT of heat on this board for crossing level 4 and 5 athletes to a level 2 team, so I do think the community does have some influence. I love that NCA has a waiting list - and they have the strictest crossover rules and list gym crossovers on their OOA.

Looks like it might have been an "internal note" as the link no longer works and the crossovers are not listed in the updated schedule.
Generally EP's note this information internally for scheduling purposes, in hopes to avoid warmup conflict with performance times and other issues.

Generally EP's note this information internally for scheduling purposes, in hopes to avoid warmup conflict with performance times and other issues.
I'm more likely to believe this is the reason for it. Especially since it's apparently not listed anymore publicly.

I'm going to go watch tomorrow! I'd love to sit with someone to watch! I have lived in Richmond for a year and a half and I still haven't made any cheer friends! Haha retired old people problems...

Back