All-Star 2012-2013 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ehh i would say stars is exactly the same as F5. i read World Cup's tryout packet for this season whenever tryouts were going on (so this is all a rough estimate since my memory sucks :p) ... their tuition is an extra $20 a month compared to all other teams. their uniform is basically double the cost of everyone else's (i think $400? or $450?.) The estimated travel for the rest of the gym was something like $1000 and stars was like $2500. their camp/practice clothes were almost triple the others. they also go to hotshots, which they pay for.

this season alone they traveled/will be traveling to rhode island, Georgia, Texas, Tennessee, and Disney x2. (i know suns didn't do Georgia and Ody isn't doing UCA - don't know about the other differences or other lvl 5 teams)

and i don't cheer at the gym, so it's not a secret. this was all listed in the tryout packet before tryouts even took place. so i'm thinking if you can't afford it, you don't attend the separate star tryout. truly sucks for the kids who have the talent, but it is part of the commitment.

This actually fascinates me... Wow.

I know for a fact that they aren't the only gym w/ multiple worlds teams, yet doesn't seem to spread their efforts evenly--> but it's still interesting to see it written out like this. It also leaves me confused.

For instance, I know that Orange is the World Champ team from Rays, but why doesn't their (online) pro shop feature swag from the other teams too? You know how bad I wanted a forever pink or green gang yo shirt? haha. Even if just the level 5s tho.

Same w/ most programs tho, even if it's not restricted to a biased pro shop; some team will also get the short end of the stick overall. It's like, "well, you're gonna pay a little extra because you'll be just a little more famous. Not only are you part of World Cup, you're a Shooting Star at World Cup." I get it, but it's weird to me. Especially when there's two competitive teams at the gym's highest level.

from @IndustryNews:

MD Twisters Lady T's New Uniform (it's too similar with F5's 2011 uni? except for the bow)
BD6ZJ1DCcAA2MMc.jpg:large

Cali Aces:
BD62BljCYAAyrMw.jpg:large

I think I like it :) I like the ace on the shorts

the front of the top is absolutely gorgeous :cloud9:, the shorts and the back however need something else outline around aces? possibly the same way it was done with the CA on the front. I really wish the shorts had lines on them to match the top or something right now they just seem to be something to practice in.

Change uniform every two years isn't 1-2 new uniforms a season. Now if that's part and parcel with F5 on their own, fine.

But this sorta reminds me of how I feel about WC and Stars..except instead of skill or random factors (which is something you can sorta control), you could be on the 'other' team by finances and skill. Now that's a rough pill to swallow..
we don't get two new uniforms every year. For instance, the new one we just got will be used this year and next year. The leotard we got last season so it's a good chance that one will be replaced next year.

Back