All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thats good in the small division but in large F5 has like 25 lol.

I'll also add this. Since someone has come on here to say that all 13 in Generals' formation are doing the standing fulls, assuming F5 actually did compete 25 standing fulls (which they didn't), they are sitting at around the same ratio. Generals 65% standing fulls, F5 69%. Nice try being a b**ch though (and don't even try and say you weren't trying to be one).

ETA: since you wanted to be technical, and I would like to be as accurate as possible, only 14 girls on F5 did standing fulls last year, meaning 39%.

Woodlands Elite Generals (Small Senior 5)

I really hope the USASF rules makers are watching this video. Last pass is the best of the best and she could have nailed a double double like it was nothing; instead she had to add a whip because of the stupid new rules.
Im honestly relieved she didnt land that on her feet, that was deadly.
This is a perfect example of why the new rules are bogus.

I really hope the USASF rules makers are watching this video. Last pass is the best of the best and she could have nailed a double double like it was nothing; instead she had to add a whip because of the stupid new rules.

I WAS JUST THINKING THE SAME THING. Some of these AMAZING tumblers look like they are struggling with a double whip double. I think the old rules need to be put in effect.

I WAS JUST THINKING THE SAME THING. Some of these AMAZING tumblers look like they are struggling with a double whip double. I think the old rules need to be put in effect.

Maybe its because Im just getting over a torn ACL, but watching her double whip double all I could think is that if that had landed with the way it was pulled at comp she could have kissed a knee goodbye.
I may be wrong since this is just off the top of my head, but didnt she double double on colonels a while back?

Maybe its because Im just getting over a torn ACL, but watching her double whip double all I could think is that if that had landed with the way it was pulled at comp she could have kissed a knee goodbye.
I may be wrong since this is just off the top of my head, but didnt she double double on colonels a while back?

yes and generals! and landed it like it was nothing.

The USASF may have assumed, with these new rules, that those doing double doubles were not taught to properly rebound. It seems most of Carly's ability to double double comes from the technique of her double itself, and not the punch between the two. I'm trying to think how to explain this....
If a person is a natural rebounder, or has been taught well enough, a double double and a double whip double should be no different, in theory. Many cheerleaders who double double appear to be much like Carly, they are able to double double because of how quickly they double, or how whipped around their double naturally is, and NOT because of the technique in the punch. Often times the 2nd double is pulled right off the floor, which is a HUGE danger in tumbling. USASF creating these rules probably thought that removing double doubles would remove the possibility of athletes without that rebounding ability trying to double whip double, as in theory, it just wouldn't work. It does work, but you get something like what Carly has thrown both times Generals have performed, and maybe 1/5 times the person may hit it.
This is not coming from someone who knows the USASF's reasoning behind skills, just something I think might make sense as to why double whip double was made legal and double double was not?

I dont know if this is really the place for this, but I wanted to brag a little bit.
This is my first day tumbling after over 7 months of rehab from tearing my miniscus, ACL, and LCL.
You can see how scared I was. I was SO afraid to land on my feet. All I could imagine was my knee tearing again and having to quit cheer forever. I probably stood there for 5 minutes lol

Nov 12, 2012 3:46pm | Facebook

This is probably the proudest cheer moment I have. Making myself get back on the dang horse and man up.
Yay!! Shameless self promotion!!

I dont know if this is really the place for this, but I wanted to brag a little bit.
This is my first day tumbling after over 7 months of rehab from tearing my miniscus, ACL, and LCL.
You can see how scared I was. I was SO afraid to land on my feet. All I could imagine was my knee tearing again and having to quit cheer forever. I probably stood there for 5 minutes lol

Nov 12, 2012 3:46pm | Facebook

This is probably the proudest cheer moment I have. Making myself get back on the dang horse and man up.
Yay!! Shameless self promotion!!

keep your knees over your second toe and you wont have to worry as much about re tearing anything. :)

Back